Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next time you see a rimmed up car, remember to fear for your life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time you see a rimmed up car, remember to fear for your life.

Scary isn't it, this is one of the better done lifts i have seen too.

Re: Next time you see a rimmed up car, remember to fear for your life.

SCARY!!

Although... I have personally seen a brick lift.... that is about the same
    HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
    "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

At least they are in good condiction. Hehehe.
      Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Crap! These rimmed up cars are all over the place where I live. I shall avoid them at all cost!!!
        88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
        92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
        91 - Shell with title
        92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

Rimmed up? What, a Donk? Hell yeah those things are everywhere, and just like everyone else who shouldn't be able to afford high-end luxuries (in the welfare-receiving part of town), these idiots use the STOCK BRAKES to stop something that is sometimes 200% larger than stock! :eeeeeek: I think if the cops pull those guys over, they should do a safety inspection, and if the parts are unsafe, write them a ticket for dangerous equipment. That will keep those wannabe gangsterettes from killing someone because they couldn't stop in time, or because one of their wheels fell off...
          Last edited by DriverOne; 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Well donk actually only covers 70s model caprices, found out each model has its own name. I was looking for a safe way to lift my crown vic a few years ago (not for big rims though). Unfortunately i never found one, they have 5" lift cups but the are unnerving to, they also move your axle forward and would require fender trimming. But i agree with the safety inspections, hate having a crown vic on 26s or 28s or whatever pull up beside me and all they have is the factory brakes (painted in candy to match the car), also love the video of the guy racing one and snaps the axle at launch. But its not as bad as the SLABs around houston, have "swangas" that stick 2 foot out the side of the car, saw a mid 90s lesabre clipping both lines on the freeway one day, but atleast they don't add 5times the weight.

Comment

Saw a Mint late model camaro with 22" dubs and the guy had the front wheel come off.What a mess,what a waste of money.But thats just me,I remember when you werent cool unless the back of your car wasnt jacked up in the air with Air Shocks
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                Saw a Mint late model Camaro with 22" dubs and the guy had the front wheel come off.
                It's a real shame to see some of these cars and trucks in that condition. I saw an orangeish Camaro that looked awesome, except it had 26's on it. Between these guys and the Arabs (who buy them online), we're losing all our classics.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                X