4 door aspire MPGs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 door aspire MPGs?

Hey guys I am looking at a 4 door Aspire auto. Does anybody have one I figure it will be a little heavier than my Festiva just trying to figure out if it would be worth it.
    1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

quick answer: don't do it, get a manual trans car instead. i just filled the GFs '96 and it showed 20mpg (short tripping it), best I ever got out of it was 33 all highway.

the MINIMUM i got out of any of my manual aspires (beating it to death) was 28. get a manual.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Re: 4 door aspire MPGs?

You're looking at about 34mpg.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Well it would be at least 80% highway and its a smokin deal on a really clean one.

Comment

in that case, buy it and then make it manual trans

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Going to have to agree... The 3-speed in the aspires isn't a good thing when you are hwy driving. Anything over 40mph and you are in top gear. By the time you hit 65+ you are revving pretty hard. I used to get HUGE mileage out of my 5-speed 4door (bucking 40mpg) and never got more than like 32 with my 2door auto.
            Last edited by TheresGabe; 12-31-2012, 09:10 AM.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

No crap really? Don't the Auto Festivas do a little better than that?

Comment

Re: 4 door aspire MPGs?

Not by much.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

HMMM that is making think I want to stay away from the Autos then. I have found really super nice autos but no 5 speeds.

Comment

like i said, buy it , then MAKE it a manual... you need the trans,axles, mounts, shifter linkage, pedal assm., flywheel/clutch and starter. no need to change any computer, and only a minor mod to the neutral safety switch.

Comment

Driving conditions? City or Highway? My 97 would get 39 on the highway and 26 with luck in the city. That is when the CEL wasn't on. The Festiva gets 36 regardless it seems.
                      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

It would be at least 80% highway just back and forth to work about 50 miles a day.

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                          You're looking at about 34mpg.
                          exactly what i got with mine until the trans started slipping
                          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

If the first Festiva I drove had been an automatic, I never would have bought one at all. The little cars are peppy with the 5-speed, you can easily stay ahead of traffic off a light if you rev it to 4000 or so in the first three gears, and run at a reasonable 2750 RPM at 70 MPH on the highway in overdrive.

The automatic I drove was a dog; I had to have a quarter mile clear to pull out into traffic or risk getting a Civic up my tailpipe ..... !

Lannis

Comment

Yeah I have since found a 5 speed with about the same miles. I think I might go that direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X