desiding time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desiding time!

So another festiva popped up in my area. $450 bucks. needs some work. The main reason I want it is because its a five-speed. so It would make building a festiva easier in that department. On the other hand I kinda like auto better for a more DD oriented vehicle.
    The festiva needs a lot of work and parts to get it on par with Pepper. They are basically twins though, except that peppers front grill is black.
    The interior of the other festiva is beat to hell, also it needs tires, battery, corner lights, and it looks like the headlights are waterlogged.

Im kinda torn between buying this one and doing a slow build, or just swapping in a MTX to pepper and continue building her up for what I want.
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

If you can, buy it and do a slow build. I've been working on Blue Lightning for over 2 yrs.
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 01-02-2013, 08:55 PM.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I'd get it if it is decent, MTX ones are way more fun than the ATX ones!
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Buy it, swap the MTX into yours (you'll have all the parts that way) and part the rest out. The swap would be much easier with a donor car. Keep items you may need and sell the rest to other members. You could pull the engine and trans out, rebuild/build up the B3 as money and time allows, then drop them in your car.
        Last edited by blkfordsedan; 01-02-2013, 10:34 PM.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

The thought did cross my mind to buy it, pull the parts I need and then part it out. I'm searching now for the atx to mtx swap thread. I saw it before but let it pass.
          All I would really need off the donor car is the door and third brake light, but there is a member on here that has offered to help me with that stuff anyways.
          The other part that is stopping me is:
          I could take that 450 that I would spend on the parts car and continue my build of Pepper all the same.
          I was gonna get aftermarket Ranger headlights, coil-overs, Rio top-hats, and the aspire swap. I would still come out with money left over to put towards wheels.
          maybe I'm overthinking it...my head hurts.
          Fast....Women are fast
          Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

for all the work to do the ATX to MTX, I might as well keep the MTX car and part the ATX car....
            Fast....Women are fast
            Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Had to say it... I was honestly expecting to see pics/video of people removing siding from the side of a home... I guess you DECIDED not to go that route...

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
              1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
              1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
              1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Haha nice katch Gabe. I goofed that part....
                Fast....Women are fast
                Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Re: deciding time!

Two cars, if you can afford to have both, are better than one. Besides, you might be able to talk the guy down if there are significant amounts of rust, and still have enough left over to do some mods.
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                  X