Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who does what? ( not talking about your career)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does what? ( not talking about your career)

I see at various times in different threads that some members offer services, parts or an extra hand. I just wanted to get all that into one thread.

So i guess a good format would be:

Best time to contact/come to house
    Ability to store short term: y/n (I'm talking like two or three days or the course of the repair/upgrade)
    Service or part(s) offered
    charge for service or part.
    experience.

for the person inquiring:
    best time to contact/have work done
    service or part needed
    expense cap
    willing to get hands dirty: Y/N

Ill definitely start this one out:

Colorado Springs Co
    Pm me
    During the week for work done. Contact any time.
    Parts: bushings ( all except sway bar)
    Services: wheel bearing and or aspire swap, Coil-over install, Short-block rebuild, help with bushing install.
    Depends on what needs to be done
    Definitely willing to get my hands dirty to learn.

If this does not sound like a good idea, then we can delete this thread.
    It would be nice to have this info on hand though. And, if you are like me and don't trust most local mechanics; It would be nice to have some people who you could trust and have experience with Festivas to help you out.
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

for me i guess it could go like this
    -canton ohio
    -pm then i'll give you my cell number
    -you can pm me anytime im a full time student but only have class til 1 pm.
    -have ability to keep cars as long as needed. i have a heated garage with a rack, air, parts cleaner, greaser ect...
    -im pretty good with everything on these cars, not a whole lot i havent done though i would say suspension brakes clutches as well i am good at.
    -just depends what needs done. i normally charge 100 bcuks labor for breaks and wheel bearing thats both combined lol.
    -i'll help any project along! dont mind gettin dirty anytime!
    -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me. I will add my info in. Great for people road tripping or heading to meets.

2 addresses. Fort Wayne IN (main residence) and 25 miles East in Antwerp, OH (shop)
      Pm or call 260-433-4037
      I work a rotating swing shift 12hrs. 4 day on, 4 off 4 nights on...fun! but it give me time off during the week which is nice.
      PM or CALL ANYTIME, really. I'd love to help out if I can.
      All major body parts, engines, transmissions, glass, rims &tires, hardware, exhaust, and general maintenance items in stock.
      All aspects of repair, general maintenance. Welding, cutting & fab. Engine hoist. Body and paint.
      Will drop whatever to help if needed. Been into cars since 1986, Festivas since 1997.
      Last edited by David88; 01-03-2013, 01:13 AM.
      '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Located in Dahlonega, GA
        Contact: 706-973-9441 (text preferred but you can call too, just might take longer to get back to you.
        Text anytime, I'm usually around the house in the afternoons weekdays and randomly on the weekends
        Can store vehicles for a while if needed
        I can do pretty much anything necessary to a festiva (except install a V6, that is only done in Canada), and I have a few spare parts too.
        Cost depends on the work being done, contact me and let me know what you need. I also have a 16' flat trailer for towing if needed.
        Been doing cars for the past 12 years, festivas since '03. First B6 and Aspire swap was in '05, been swapping ever since. Never done a turbo swap yet, but B3/B6/B8/BP and have a B6D coming in the near future. Last three years I've been working as a fleet mechanic at a state university. 25 years and 2 months left till I retire! Lol.

References:
        BeBandit - Assisted BP swap
        DriverOne - Assisted B6 swap
        Kumalaba - B6 swap, currently working on BP/ATX swap
        jtugfestiva - hub/spindle rebuild
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
        X