Dash Storage Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Storage Area

I just noticed that my 93GL doesn't have the little storage area that is just right of the steering column in the dash panel that my 88L has. Does anyone know what year that stopped putting it there? I wonder why they did away with it.
    93 GL

Only my 88 and 89 that also had the unused round hole for the choke cable had that little cubby. Fit a pack of smokes perfect!
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

I have a manual choke but a reinforced 93 dash. I guess you can't have both. It would have looked better using the 88/89 dash, but I prefer more rigidity. The reinforced dash was never available in Canada.

Comment

It seems like every Festy I've disassembled completely (perhaps six of them) has had that reinforcing structure. None were LXs.
        88L black, dailydriver
        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg
        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

I've never taken any dashes apart, but are you guys saying the reinforced dashes don't have this cubby?
          93 GL

Comment

Yes, there were thin wire bars going from top to bottom into different bosses after 89. I only took a picture from the front, but as you can see Canadian dashes did not have the large piece of metal reinforcement that ran under the steering column to support the center console to the floorpan.

Comment

Working...
            X