Exedy or Valeo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exedy or Valeo?

Getting ready to order new axles, control arms, do an Aspire brake swap and change the
    clutch on my Festiva. An Exedy and Valeo clutch are about the same price. Any opinions
    as to which is better? I had a Ford Motorsports clutch in my Turbo Coupe (which was a Valeo)
    and it had good grip and feel...never had an Exedy.

Thanks for any input!

Kraig
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Originally posted by Kraig View Post
    Getting ready to order new axles, control arms, do an Aspire brake swap and change the
    clutch on my Festiva. An Exedy and Valeo clutch are about the same price. Any opinions
    as to which is better? I had a Ford Motorsports clutch in my Turbo Coupe (which was a Valeo)
    and it had good grip and feel...never had an Exedy.

Thanks for any input!

Kraig
    In the Taurus SHO world , the Valeo is the stock clutch (OEM) , and its the preferred choice for our SHOs. Cant go wrong. For the SHO the Exedy wasnt an option until maybe a year ago , so its fairly new to us.

Comment

When I removed the original clutch on mine, it was stamped with the Daikin clutch logo. Daikin is a subsidiary of Exedy Corporation. The Exedy replacement I bought had the exact same Daikin logo stamped on it as well.
      Last edited by blkfordsedan; 01-06-2013, 12:14 AM.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
      X