Possible Parts Capri XR2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Parts Capri XR2

Been looking at this XR2 on Craigslist for awhile and finally emailed the guy. I'm guessing some pretty quick and simple responses from him so I'm not real sure about it. Pics make it seem like it could still be driven, but is pretty banged up. I asked if I could drive it home though and he said no. I asked if it starts and he said probably not cause the battery is dead? It's in the Kansas City area, which is a good 220 miles away from me. I don't have a truck or a trailer so moving it would be a hassle. Thought I'd see what you guys though about this deal. I'd really like to check it out next time I'm in KC if it's still available. I know we have some KC and Kansas guys out there so I figured if it is more feasible for you guys to get it I'd inform you of it's existence!

It's been posted up for quite some time. (End of Nov.) and he told me he wants 900 for everything. Seems like there is that much in the headunit and wheels. It's also listed on eBay with a starting bid of 800...and it looks like no reserve. He might even take less. Anyway. Let me know what you guys think. I'm not sure when I'll be in KC next, but if it's still available I'll see if he'll let me put a battery in it and give it a crank.

Here's the link:
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

like you said, gotta be close to that in the rims and head unit. How bad was the wreck? Why did he quit driving it?

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Not sure...it's like pulling teeth trying to get any info out of this guy. I write a paragraph to him and I get like 3 word answers.

The only thing I can guess is maybe the radiator was damaged in the front end hit.
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

I may be able to help out. If you can set up a time for me to check it out after school mon tues or weds after 6, or after work thurs and fri after 5 next week, I can take a bunch. load of pics and give it a once over.
        Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

That would be cool. I'll see if I can get his number and I'll just give it to you and you could work out the details.
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts

Comment

I love these airheads that somehow accidentally (?), or not their fault (?), crashed their ride. For sale ad lists 10 pages of 'ultimate sound system' components but no mention of engine/tranny/turbo or anything else that actually made the car go.

Comment

^^^ Exactly! If you look too he had like maybe three short sentence that are actually in his words...and they are ALL CAPS! The rest is copy/pasted from listings. Even the Mercury Capri stuff is like straight up pasted off of a description of features/options. Part of it even says "Optional Equipment" I thought he actually had a hard top for it but I doubt it. Then the same went for the audio stuff. He just has the features of the headunit copy/pasted in! Pretty worthless. If he was smart he'd part out the wheels and headunit separately.
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

No there is no hardtop (I emailed him, too!). I got the same kind of responses that you did. I also requested more pictures, and have yet to receive anything......
                Owner: Roo-Sport.com
                Home of the "Super Roo"

Comment

Originally posted by CapriTypeR View Post
                  No there is no hardtop (I emailed him, too!). I got the same kind of responses that you did. I also requested more pictures, and have yet to receive anything......
                  What? And you are still looking at more Capris despite telling me you already have 7 in your driveway! I thought only Festy owners were nuts. I'd best remember all this and stay away from Capris.

Comment

Lol....Nope..Too far away for my money. I was messaging with Prafeston about the car, and thought I would give him my professional opinion (I use the term "Professional" VERY loosely!!).
                    Home of the "Super Roo"

Comment

I've gotten probably 5 emails from him and here are his responses!

My first email I asked if he'd part out and how much he'd want for the engine only and how much for the whole car. His response: "$900"

So I then had to ask is that what you want for the engine or the whole car. His response: "Whole"

I emailed twice (Cause he didn't answer me the first time) in a row asking if it ran and telling him I lived farther away and asked if it would need to be towed. His response: "Truck & trailer."

So then again I asked if it could be started cause he never answered if it ran. His response: "I doubt it. The Red Top is dead."

I wasn't sure what a red top was and knew he had a spare head and figure it was painted red so I asked if that was why he had the second head. His reply was the longest yet: "The battery is dead. The Optima Red Top battery is dead. The new head was for my grand engine rebuild. The additional turbos, one of which is a Probe turbo is for the custom hybrid turbo for that rebuild. I miss my convertible."

I've since emailed him twice with no response.
                      Last edited by Prafeston; 01-09-2013, 11:24 PM.
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

I'm betting he really doesn't want to sell it. His wife probably ordered him to get rid of it, and this is his way of complying, but not really selling it!!
                        Home of the "Super Roo"

Comment

Man, you could almost hear the sadness in that last post.
                          Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Lol.....Any guy on here can probably relate...."Sell it or sleep on the couch"!! Yes, it's up for sale, but he doesn't have to follow through on inquiries! "Sorry, hun, no one called....."
                            Home of the "Super Roo"

Comment

I thought he was talking about the guys last replay to me where it ended with "...I miss my convertible."

I know what you mean though CapriTypeR. I'm pretty sure I've seen some ads like that before. Usually the car is really over priced just cause they don't want to sell it, but the wife is at least making them list it!
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Working...
                              X