a random question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a random question

lets pretend that i was planning on spraying a mass of liquid into my engine that isnt a fuel, or an oxygenator, would i see any differences at cruise if i chose to spray on the intake side, or the manifold side of the throttle body. would one way or the other confuse my ecu?

If you spray an inert fluid (something that won't combust under the heat and pressure), you should see an increase in your MPG, BUT, you'll also see a drop in power as you're effectively reducing the size of the engine by takin up room in the combustion chamber.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Unless the non-fuel/non-oxidizer is say water, and phase changes within the combustion chamber!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

^ water is still safe and the pressures seen aren't great enough to crack the stable molecule, so it's inert chemicaly so to speak, BUT in the case of water it can INCREASE cylinder pressure which offsets the drop in effective displacement.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

how about where i spray it?

Comment

im planning on making a super steamer, maybe something very close to the GEET reactor, minus the reactor part.

Comment

jetting into a vaccume will net better dispertion and atomization. but it realy doesn't matter as long as your close to the TB. now if you're looking to get power out of it, more reasearch must be done and a pump system with electronics will need employed

Comment

im going to build a sick/sweet expansion chamber inline of my exhaust, almost like a glass pack without the holes. spray water into there, have an exit port which is then attached to a copper (or some other tubular, bendable metal) tube which is running parrellel all the way up my header to the top of the motor. where i have a silly little right angle breather that i will hook this super heated steam to. it may be 400-500 degrees by then, but thats still way cooler than the combustion, so it will still have cooling properties. sound logical, right?

Comment

no. its late for me so i'll explain tomorrow. (it takes some time to type it out)

Comment

i fully understand what you are getting at. im already building a pulse width mod circuit to drive a water/meth pump, so that my water flo rates can be linear with my throttle body. ill rig a way to attach a poteniometer to eet. we have tons of those in scrap at work. tons o pot.

Comment

Expansion chamber? Copper line? All you need now is to add a yeast injector and hang a bucket on the tailpipe.
                      You can get personal plates that say "FESTILVA" and change your name to Popcorn.
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

You might want to read this:

Just because this doesn't support your idea doesn't mean it doesn't need to be considered.
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                        X