Who has "racing/Bucket" seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has "racing/Bucket" seats?

If you dont mind would you post a pic of the seats...and brackets if possible, who did the brackets for you, and what you like/dont like about them.
    Heck, if you have a harness (safety belts) post a pic of those and your harness bar too please.
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

I just bought a pair of bucket seats recently off Craigs, $50 for the pair. I don't have pictures of the brackets, but I do have some pics of it outside the car. It'll be a while before I install them, otherwise I'd send the pics to you installed. Happy hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by RazorWing View Post
      I just bought a pair of bucket seats recently off Craigs, $50 for the pair. I don't have pictures of the brackets, but I do have some pics of it outside the car. It'll be a while before I install them, otherwise I'd send the pics to you installed. Happy hunting!
      $50!! Either there is no market for these things, quality grades go from 1 to 10, or they have no resale. Belt webbing alone has to be at least $2/foot and just adapting the rails is an undertaking unless you chicken out and weld everything to the floor.

Comment

I have a Evo 8 Recaro in. Love it, really you cant compare stock festy seats to something like that.

Comment

My Red Festy has just an old racing seat in it that we got for free of my parents friends we just cut the stock seat off the original bracket and welded the racing seat to it so the seat also now has height adjustment.
          Here's a pic if it helps!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MrReece1997; 01-13-2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Seats are Corbeau Corsa in Large. Brackets I made myself. Harness Bar I made myself. 5 pt Corbeau Harnesses with camlock buckles.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-14-2013, 01:32 AM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I have Corbeau CR1s in my mustang, I <3 them!
              2002 Ford Mustang GT Mineral Grey 5 spd
              1996 Ford Explorer XLT AWD White POS
              1992 Ford Festiva GL Metallic Blue 5 spd

Comment

I bought mine barely used from a friend, but I have always used Sparco or OMP seats in the past and I prefer Sparcos over these corbeaus. One great thing was that the previous owners wife made nice memory foam cushions for these and with those installed they are much more comfortable. With the standard foam they put too much pressure on the under my thigh area and it's not comfortable. I also have had great luck using memory foam lumbar cushions that I get at truck stops. They are black, and match my seats and I can sit on them or put them behind my lower back. These Corbeaus saw over 40,000 miles this year (including a 6000 mile trip from coast to coast and back).
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

holy crap advances. nice mock up on the seats. So I have to ask: Do they slide, I mean are they adjustable?
                  Fast....Women are fast
                  Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Yeah, they have corbeau rails between the seats and the brackets.
                    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

^^ lol you showoff!

Comment

I was watching one of your vids of in car, it seemed lime you have some wobble to your seat?
                        Fast....Women are fast
                        Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Originally posted by MiltonHavoc View Post
                          I was watching one of your vids of in car, it seemed lime you have some wobble to your seat?
                          happens to all of us when we get old......
                          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                          X