new corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new corvette

The 2014 Corvette Stingray resembles the 2007 Vadho.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-16-2013, 09:54 PM.

I was looking at that with my dad last week. Cool looking car.

My Dad has a 1976 Stingray, pretty sweet ride.
    Last edited by Flw Sock; 01-16-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Also looks strikingly similar to a Viper, and the B pillar looks like it was ripped right off of a GTR. Everything else aside, still a bad ride...
      Owner: Roo-Sport.com
      Home of the "Super Roo"

Comment

If it had a different name, I might have liked it. I however do not.

This may be because I can't help but try to compare it to a real Stingray, and it does not live up to that.

I'll keep my Festy :p
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN
        1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
        "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

It looks more like a European sports car than a classic American sports car...it's a shame they didn't try to do a retro thing like Camaro and Mustang have.
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
            If it had a different name, I might have liked it. I however do not.

This may be because I can't help but try to compare it to a real Stingray, and it does not live up to that.

I'll keep my Festy :p
            I'll back you up on that!

Comment

The rear is hideous
              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

it's a shame they didn't try to do a retro thing like Camaro and Mustang have.
                Ehh, they probably would have screwed that up. The look of the '60s vettes wouldn't translate well to the stance and aero you need to build a proper supercar, so they would have had to compromise on performance which would mean that douchebags in their midlife crisis (their entire market) wouldn't buy them. Or they'd compromise on how much it looks like an old one, which would probably look more mashed up than this one does.

Look at it this way, at least it still has an optional clutch pedal. Way too many cars are moving toward this flappy paddle BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                  It looks more like a European sports car than a classic American sports car...it's a shame they didn't try to do a retro thing like Camaro and Mustang have.
                  I'm one of the few that really don't like the retro thing. I do love the look of the new Stingray. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford a tire for one let alone a whole car.
                  Rick
                  1993 Ford Festiva
                  1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                  1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                  2000 Ford E350

Comment

Flappy paddle viewpoint.

Also, I personally will not drive a steer by wire car, where there is no steering rack. Only sensors relating the steering wheel position to electric motors on the wheels.

Nissan has already taken a small first step. Be sure to read the comments.

Popular Mechanics frightens me.

"Superfluous" is a big word.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-17-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X