Some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some opinions

Alright everyone, I would like some opinions inquiring my 90lx. It will be going into the shop soon to be fixed and painted, I can't decide if I want body colored bumpers or black with the red stripe, the only reason I would stick with the black is just because the car has so low miles I kind of want it to stay original, because I do really like body colored bumpers over black bumpers. Also, not sure if I want to get rid of the side molding or not either, same senario here, I really like these cars without them, but again, I kind of want to keep it original. Also, I have an NOS red hockey stripe set, not sure if I want to put it on the car either, more so just because I'm thinking it will stick out too much and wouldn't look right if I put body colored bumpers on it. I feel like they would look good if I kept the black bumpers, but not the body colored. What do you all think?
    -Josh R

personal opinion here: it's a 90LX = RARE. leave it as original as possible. except the inside of the engine... see Mr Dickmeyer about that... factory look, 70+% increase in power.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

the car is also silver and staying silver, just getting a respray. Although arty you have a very good point there, it IS a 90LX with ONLY 20k miles... Not sure what I want to do with the drivetrain yet, probably need to at least do a seal rebuild though from sitting so long.
      -Josh R

Comment

Keep it original. Just my 2c
        Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Do 90LX's have clear coat?
          -Josh R

Comment

Yes. It would be BC/CC paint system on it.
            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I added the factory red stripe kit to my 93 Cayman Green Festiva, only because the colors were complementary. The car originally had body color bumpers. I exchanged them with gray ones from a junk yard. I did nothing to darken the TPO bumpers. I added faded factory mud flaps and sold my brand new set of black Pride flaps. I also added a red stripe to the front and rear bumpers and removed the door guards. I am very pleased with the used look. I have put a lot of new parts into the interior and the engine, just as descibed up above. New interior parts are strictly stock in appearance and fit. Same with the engine. My goal was to create a Festiva with options that I would have preferred.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 01-17-2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I agree, leave it stock looking. However, I think the factory stripe would be fitting. It could always be removed. After all, it would be more appropriate to put a rare NOS stripe on a sweet, rare, low mileage LX as opposed to a beat up and rusty L. What better car to put it on? Personally, I think the stripe also requires the door window frames and B-pillar to be blacked out. You could use Plasti-dip or vinyl decal for this if you want it non-permanent.
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

^ Pillars would be black already being a LX.
                  -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                  -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                  -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Yes, already has the black pillars. Here is a pic of the car

-Josh R

Comment

Well then, even better! Was the hockey stick stripe a dealer option, or was it only on specific models?
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

I would tint the windows too. No matter what, that will be a sweet car. FOTM material.
                        Brian

Comment

I say do exactly what you want to it. Unless you plan on parking it and storing it, then I'd say completely stock. Otherwise do exactly what you want.
                          I'd rather remove the moldings, match the bumpers and tint the windows. That's just what I like, I don't really care if it is pure stock or slightly modified. Just do what makes you happy.

Nice car! Can't wait to see her all cleaned up!
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                          X