Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock cast iron Festiva exhaust manifold or tubular Aspire manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock cast iron Festiva exhaust manifold or tubular Aspire manifold?

I have another question regarding the Aspire 1.3 into a Festiva swap. Since my car is a stock, daily driver, is if benificial to leave the stock cast iron Festiva exhaust manifold or should I try to use the tubular exhaust manifold that came with the Aspire engine? I've read that the stock manifold helps bottom end and the aspire "header" kills a bit of bottom end, but makes up for it in the midrange. Any real world experiences??? Which would be better for mileage?
    '91 Festiva with roller cam '97 Aspire head. Still wish I could do burn outs, but the mileage is nice!!!

If I had to choose I would use the tubular aspire manifold. It has good torque from 1500-3000rpms then the hp was from 3000-5000rpms.
    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Honestly, I doubt you'll see much difference if any. I would probably keep the cast iron Festy one... just to keep it simple.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

you asked this question in your other thread as well.... there's no need to start a new thread for this...

and again, festy manifold...
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
        X