Are these stock rear seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these stock rear seats?

I'm about to buy my first feisty. Picking it up next Monday are these seats stock? Would be great for camping.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yes, that's neandedpaul here on the forum just showing you what you can do with the back seat. The LXs came with split rears. Also I know for a fact that even with the seat folded flat there isn't much room for sleeping. I sleep two nights in the back of my car in the cold and it was miserable!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I've always been very comfortable sleeping in my Festy, with a sleeping bag. I use various soft items to level out the seats' surface, since it is not entirely flat when they are folded down. You want front seatbacks from an 88 or 89, since you can remove the headrests. Then with the front seats all the way forward, you can then fold the front seatback down flat, just in front of the rear seat bottom.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        You want front seatbacks from an 88 or 89, since you can remove the headrests. Then with the front seats all the way forward, you can then fold the front seatback down flat, just in front of the rear seat bottom.
        This is the key! There just isn't much room back there for sleeping unless you can lay the front seats down. I did lay both my front seats flat...but they aren't the headrest ones so they stuck up some. Plus it was cold and I was trying to put blankets down to even out the rear seat, but I just couldn't find a position that works. I imagine with the headrest seats it would be much more comfortable.
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Holy cow, I never knew the seat folded down flat like that.
          Rick
          1993 Ford Festiva
          1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
          1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
          2000 Ford E350

Comment

There's always at least one awestruck member when this video pops up, hahaha.

I slept in my car on the way home from ohiostiva a few years ago. I've got a '93 with '88 or '89 LX seats, so I could fold all the seats flat. It wasn't particularly comfortable, although I'm almost 6', there was definitely enough space to stretch out dash to hatch.
            -Zack
            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
              There's always at least one awestruck member when this video pops up, hahaha.
              8)
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

These are the GL seats. Not split fold and not removable headrests.

This is the real deal. 88-89 LX seats with the removable headrests removed.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I need me some LX seats!
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

the first time i went to the westiva meet, i drove all the way there in one go... its only about a 10 hour trip but took me 15 hours of driving (17 total...) cause i got lost and stopped a few times for diffrent things... i got to the meet at 5am and slept in the parking lot sure enough at a little before 10am i hear another car pull up beside me and its Ian and his family... i selpt through the night (what was left of the night lol...) with no problems and felt great in the morning

im 6'6" and can lay in there no problem... the trick is to lay with your head right where the glove box is and the stick your feet in the hatch... the curve in the backrest of the seat should be in the same place as if you where sitting in the seat normal... (only your upsidedown... (if that makes any sence lol...))

then on the way back i slept in the festiva for one more night, i pulled in to a parking lot that i thought was a truck stop or something... turns out it was a popular spot for moms, dads and kids to stop with minivans and play in the park... so after sleeping like a log for a while i woke up to alot of noise of people running around... and i had managed to half kick my sleeping bag off and show off my boxers for a while lol....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                      and i had managed to half kick my sleeping bag off and show off my boxers for a while lol....
                      This is why you should get your windows tinted!

Yeah...I didn't think to try and sleep with my head by the glove box. I was all contorted with my head back by the passenger taillight and my feet up and over the drivers seat. It wasn't working out so well. I'm sure if it wasn't so cold I probably would have found it much more comfortable!
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Working...
                      X