95 Ford Aspire, Should I Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Ford Aspire, Should I Buy?

I found this aspire for sale http://lacrosse.craigslist.org/cto/3557173697.html, should i buy it and how low of an offer is reasonable? i feel like 500 is a little much for it.
    Im hoping to get parts for the brake swap out of it as well as hopefully some suspension parts. after that i would be willing to part out the rest of it on here to anyone interested in of its parts.
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Lol. If you explain you don't want it for a running vehicle and just parts I'm sure you can talk them down convincing them you don't want to spend $500 to fix up your car.
    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Even if you did want it as a running vehicle I think $500 is a little steep. I've given away cars in better shape than that.

Comment

It's funny... I know of a similar condition (Actually a bit better than this one) That the guy will sell me for $450. If it was a Festiva, it wouldn't have last an hour. Aspires just don't have the same charm.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Judging by the 'well cared for' body on this car I can't see anybody but a Festy swapper or a demo derby contestant wanting to take this car home. Find out what scrap is selling for per ton and then maybe up the bid by $50. I'm thinking the brakes, bearings, shocks and springs will also be end-of-life components in here. What's a rear beam, sway bar and used knuckles worth to you, especially since you're gonna have to take them off yourself? Motor might be the only prize that comes out of this, if in fact it actually runs like the seller claims.

Comment

I'm interested in the motor/tranny.....
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Make sure to check the condition of the rear beam, that it's not too badly corroded. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X