It's the little things in life....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the little things in life....

Had a lousy week - but sometimes one little thing pulls it out of the fire (or helps).
    Our JY near Seattle had the it's first Festiva in over a year. A '92 GL with 75,000 miles.
    Been there a couple of months. Nearly a carcus, but still had the hatch. More importantly, had the
    heated rear window. Took it to the the glass shop. Voila! All lines heat up! In Seattle a rear defogger is a
    must. I'm happpy:smile:!!! Hey - I don't ask for much.....

You just reminded me, I need to get a repair kit and repair my rear defrost.

Quite a few of the elements are damaged, and one line doesn't work at all.

Defrost is vital anywhere it rains. :p
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Defrost is over rated... Lol... Today was the first time above freezing in a month, and I don't have defrost!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

I love my defrost, even though only a 5"X11" spot works in line with the rear view mirror. So I guess it is at least still working in the right spot. I don't enjoy scraping frost so having a working window defrost is nice. Today is the warmest day in a month as well, got all the way too 20* a week ago it was 20* bellow!
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN
        1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
        "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Sorry I don't have the link. Try frostfighter.com They were my final option. Looks like they have a full overlay grid
          set-up as long as you have power.

Comment

It's sucked somedays this winter without defrost on my 89 L haha, and the heat isn't up to par either..
            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Check out frostfighter.com. That was my next step. 2xclutchin - My father in law is from Thief River Falls.
              Norwegian Batchelor Farmer!
              Last edited by seattlestiva; 01-27-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

That's awesome seattle! What is his last name? I ask because as you might know, around here everyone knows everyone! Lol
                Mike Holmgren
                Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
                "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

^I never knew how much I used the defrost on all my past festivas till I got a GL with just wiper. WOW! I love the wiper! but love defrost too!
                  I got a defrost hatch and swapping glass this week to have defrost and wiper!
                  93L sold. First FESTY!
                  91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                  91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                  89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                  93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                  89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                  93GL Sold Too Soon!
                  91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

there are two festivas at Olympia picknpull in Tumwater on hwy 99

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                      You just reminded me, I need to get a repair kit and repair my rear defrost.

Quite a few of the elements are damaged, and one line doesn't work at all.

Defrost is vital anywhere it rains. :p
                      Forgive me for asking; so, how do you fix an individual defrost line if it doesn't work?

Didn't know that was possible.
                      Last edited by Twistiva; 01-28-2013, 02:35 AM.
                      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Usually at your local McParts you can buy these kits labeled "defogger repair" with a bottle of some type of copper
                        epoxy, brush and stencil and you can, in theory, reconnect the lines back together. Can be a little hit and miss.

Comment

Working...
                        X