This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver '91L with air... should I?

I can get a '91L with A/C for $150... the paint is in great condition, and the interior isn't too bad. The bad news is that its been sitting since late '99 when the head gasket blew from running too hot. I'm not worried about the engine, I have a B6 I could rebuild and a B3 I could tune up if I wanted to. However, the main reason I'd get it would be for a commuter car, and so I could free up my BP car from being my daily driver (more time for more crazy mods!). The main problem is that its summer, and its been getting up around 95-100 everyday down here in GA. I want the A/C, but am I guessing correctly that the compressor is probably toast after 6 years? Even if the compressor needs replacing, would the rest of the A/C system probably be dead too? If I don't buy it by tomorrow afternoon he is going to call the local boneyard and have it towed to get it off his property. What I didn't tell him is that they will not give him any money for it, and I also didn't tell him that they close at 12 on fridays, so he'll have to wait till monday, giving me more time to think on it . So hopefully he will take less. I'd love to have two of them
    No festiva for me ATM...

oh yeah, I'm also throwing this in the For Sale section in case there is anyone around here that would like to have it. I'm not trying to claim it for my own, just save it from the boneyard.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

sounds like a good deal for you. did you get any pics of it.
      "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

nope, no pics. I was on the way home from work and my dad called and said that his mechanic had given the guy my dad's number to get in touch with me (dad has my old phone). Apparently I have finally achieved the coveted title of "festiva guy". So I wound up calling the guy and going straight there from work, and I didn't have my camera with me.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

when he finds out the junk yard wont give him anything for it i bet he would deal. :lol:
          "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Scrap is about $120/ton so a festiva would bring about $110. Then subtract out the tow and he'll be lucky to get $50.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
            BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
            BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
            New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

yeah, but this place here doesn't pay at all. I found that out when I called them about my first taurus station wagon... rear end completely ruined due to me stopping at a red light while the guy behind me tried to run it at about 45MPH :cry:. The motor and trans and everything was fine and only had about 110K on it, so I called them... they said, "Sure we'll take it, and we won't even charge you the fee to haul it either." Needless to say, I found a guy that was looking to rebuild his blown up taurus and sold it to him for parts for $200
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

are you selling this one or keeping it?
                ***THE VWCHOPPERMAN***

(2)90 festivas
                66 VW Bus - 66 VW Beetle
                1979 Yamaha XS 650 chopper

Comment

If I could find a place to park them I'd like to get them for parters or use one of them as my driver. I would sure like to have air.
                  It's been in the 100's here for weeks. These factory windows are like magnifying glasses with no tint at all.
                  Tired of...waiting...must...build ...Festy...!

Comment

sorry bout the misunderstanding... I shoulda closed this post a while back but I forgot about it. No, its not for sale... I fell in love with it, just like I do all the cars I buy with intentions of fixing up and selling... sorry guys
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                    X