Scored some Festy Gear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored some Festy Gear!

I finally tracked down a guy on Craigslist that had parts for an Aspire swap. He said he had "everything for the swap" and quoted me $250 over the phone.

Come to find out, he only had 3 wheels without tires. After digging the suspension pieces out of his garage, he started itemizing prices... I've been watching American Pickers, and I was wanting to bundle - I'm still excited, but I'm feeling like this is starting to not go so well.

We start talking about rare options, and he looks over my car to find what parts I don't have that he could offer...
    Would you want a rally dash with a tach?
    No passenger mirror? How about a pair of power mirrors with the switch?!
    Do you want an original cargo cover with hatch connectors??!!!

My wallet whimpered a bit.
    "Hold on a minute! Where are we sitting with just the suspension parts?" (I'm trying to count hundred dollar bills in my head to figure how over budget I'm going to be, and how this will correlate with physical injury when my fiance finds out). I don't remember the number he gave me, I was too busy wanting to see the good stuff.
    "Would you be willing to work with me on the price if I buy a lot from you?" "Yeah, sure." he says.
    "Let's see those mirrors!"

I finally walked out of there with:

-One wheel (as a spare for the set of 4 I've been checking out)
    -Both Aspire knuckles/hub assemblies with brakes and lines
    -Rear torsion bar with brakes/hubs, e-brake cable, and lines
    -Front sway bar
    -Two power mirrors with a switch (the switch direction pad was broken when he removed it from its previous home, it looks repairable though)
    -Rally cluster (1/2" crack at the bottom of the clear face, but I finally get a tach and a trip odometer. And my car gets to be 100k miles younger!)
    -One felt/cloth OEM tire-iron holder (he threw in just for kicks)

No, I didn't get the cargo cover. I have no use or desire for one. If I bought it, it would be purely to sell. It did have some small spot stains and a 4-5" epoxy repair on the bottom (not noticeable unless viewed from underneath). I was unsure what I could get out of it, so I didn't make an offer.

I'm too tired to post pictures right now. I haven't even unloaded the car yet. It was an hour and a half drive one way, but I feel like I did well on the deal. But rather than tell you what I paid, what would you estimate the value of these parts? I might let the cat out of the bag later...hmmmmmm
    Last edited by htc; 02-09-2013, 01:44 AM.

Lucky you!!! What was the damage to your wallet?
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Okay, okay. He wanted $225 all together. I forgot how to haggle and gave him $230 because I didn't have any 5 dollar bills.

Comment

Wow great deal!!! ive been planing on spending around 200 on just the rear beam/axle!

Comment

You going to be at the 100 acre htc? sorry little off topic

Car #789
          Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
          1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
          1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
          http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

OOoo another Missouri member! Where were you stealing these parts from me?

Good score! Your clear face on your stock cluster should swap onto the tach cluster.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

$230.00 for an Aspire swap is a good deal. I think I paid about $600.00 by the time I was completely done. Well played sir!

Comment

^X2 Nice find!
                Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFestiva View Post
                  You going to be at the 100 acre htc? sorry little off topic
                  I'd like to come out and see your setup if you're racing, but my Festy isn't about to touch a rally course anytime soon!!

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                  OOoo another Missouri member! Where were you stealing these parts from me?
                  I got what I want/can afford right now, so I guess I'll share.
                  The guy is in south St. Louis, 314-265-5164. He's got some clean fenders, an engine, the rare cargo light, stock cargo cover, I think he mentioned doors too. He's also got parts for Metros and some AMC stuff too. Super cool guy with a garage full of parts, says he's getting to old to keep up with it all and is in the mood to sell. He said he's gonna put some stuff on ebay, so if you want it cheap(er) now's the time to buy.

Thanks for the tip on the cluster face!

Comment

Does he have any aspire parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
                      I know of a shortblock , you'd have to call to find out what all he has.

Comment

Aspire Swap + Missing Hardware = What can I reuse?

Alright gurus, I'm gonna need your help on this one.

I started tearing down my front brake assemblies to get them cleaned up and prepped for installation, and I noticed that I'm missing some bolts from a few places. On the front passenger's side I'm missing the longer of the two caliper mounting bolts, one of the two caliper bracket bolts (joins the two halves of the caliper), and one of the two phillips-headed screws that hold the rotor to the hub. I'm also missing both ball joint pinch bolts. I've looked on RockAuto.com but I couldn't seem to find any replacements. Is there any compatibility between the aspire fasteners and the festiva pieces I already have on my car?

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
                          What are you looking for I have alot of Aspire parts?
                          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Working...
                          X