X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice bit of info for those worried about gasohol

founs this in my 89L owners manual. uploadfromtaptalk1360438100676.jpg

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Worried about Ethanol gas? I initially embraced that product (5%) when it came out (late 80s?) and through practical experience have since shied entirely away from the stuff, except to use as convenient gas-line antifreeze on occasion. If you're willing to buy into new technology (ie much newer car) than this formula may be for you, but if you're trying to run a carb or EFI Festy as a DD then 10% is nothing but bad news unless you live in the tropics and fuel economy is of no concern.

Comment

According to that E10 should be okay. BUT E15 & E85 is liquid death in a Festy.
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Re: nice bit of info for those worried about gasohol

what gas should i buy to know its ethonol free?

Comment

Somebody posted a website on here. Don't remember the name. Nearly all our stations sell it exclusively.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
            Somebody posted a website on here. Don't remember the name. Nearly all our stations sell it exclusively.
            Pure-Gas.org is the site

I've found it is missing several stations that have been near me, but I suppose with time the site will get better.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I believe what I see coming through my door. So far this month I have had two fuel pumps that failed due to ethanol , one due to a wreck and a discovery that just plain melted inside the tank. That would be the standard E10 from here in Oregon. Typical ethanol failures, the fuel pumps will barely make 8 years on the stuff on average. It oxidizes the plastics whether driving or not. White plastics darken until black. Clear gas will eventually darken plastics a little to a straw color but failures will be from contaminates, impact, restricted fuel filter not from plastic failure.
              I don't think running E10 is worth any claimed benefits. Decreased mileage offsets any cleaner air by putting out more exhaust to complete the trip.Sure a sample is cleaner thats the green industry politics. They will not measure trip total.

It does keep us repair shops busier and sell more fuel system parts but that doesn't make it right. We really are being taken for a ride.

This doesn't even address poor quality attempts to make fuel!!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Theres 3 in Tampa. One is a speed shop, United Speedworld. Its interesting all stations in Alaska are Ethanol free.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Re: nice bit of info for those worried about gasohol

none here in cincinnati that i know of

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                    Theres 3 in Tampa. One is a speed shop, United Speedworld. Its interesting all stations in Alaska are Ethanol free.
                    Highly unlikely this is a co-incidence, seeing as it can get pretty cool up there.

Comment

Here in Iowa we do have a choice it's called Regular Unleaded all Caseys, Kum and Go and Git and Go stations sell this non blended fuel, oh ya these stations are in most every town in Iowa so you don't have to look hard to find the fuel you need.
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
                      X