Im an aspiring young driver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im an aspiring young driver.

All puns aside, I (after several years of belonging to this site) can finally consider myself a real member. I just drove home a '97 Aspire.

My plans for the car are pretty much to clean it up, and fix the few issues (one brake makes some funny noise, speedo/odometer dont work, and the AC blows warm), and then decide if/how to modify the car. The engine will definitely stay stock, but I may eventually lower it.

I only took one picture (my phone's memory is too full to take many...) but here it is.
    '97 Aspire

Congratulations on your buy! It looks like a great car. Be sure to update your personal info and location so that people near you can help you if you ever need it!
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Nice find! Auto or manual?
      Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
      Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
      Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
      WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

5 speeds of pure power. Lol.

I forgot to mention the best part. My brother and I have plans to drag race our cars. His '88 Yugo against my Aspire. Should be intense....
        '97 Aspire

Comment

There was a time in the late 80's when you would drive to work and see 1 or 2 Yugo's broke down on the side of the road everyday. It was like they all started breaking down at the same time. Then it all stopped.....they just disapeared.:highly_amused:
          Last edited by nitrofarm; 02-10-2013, 11:50 PM.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Whatever you do make sure to hide it and lock it away at night. If the brakes and suspension disappear all at once you'll never forgive yourself for admitting to us Festy owners that you have an Aspire on tap. Just kidding. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Working...
            X