Air condition costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air condition costs?

Has anyone put AC from scratch in an auto festiva? If so what was the total cost and would it be something that could be put together on the weekend? Also tomorrow I will have a lot of pictures of my 91 LX.

Thanks

I'd also like to know this as well, I wouldn't mind adding A/C to my 91L if it isn't insanely expensive.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I personally wouldn't touch a project like that with a ten foot pole, same goes for retrofit power steering. Easiest (?) is to find a working and complete system that is in another Festy and then buy that particular car and swap over your stuff into it.
      In Ontario I have more concerns about inadequate heaters for a few weeks a year than I do having to deal with similarly sporadic heat waves. Maybe you can figure out a way to mount an insulated cooler full of ice on the roof and have it slowly dribble out and through the heater core.

Comment

I pulled all the pieces out of the jy and it cost me 120 dollars irrc. That plus a few hours and the cost of freon, best investment ever!
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

vintage air makes a compact, all in one unit that will easily fit behind the festy dash.... that's another option.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
            X