I bought festiva #2 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought festiva #2 today

Well, I bought the silver '91 with A/C today. $100. I'm going to pick it up sunday, hopefully with my buddy's trailer, or if all else fails, I'll call a rollback.
    No festiva for me ATM...

good for you. show us some pics when you get to it.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Here she is:

Worst things first... she has a few dents in the drivers side...

And apparently she was rear-ended (or backed into something)...

But other than that she is pretty and shiny... she has a gorgeous silver paint job, which is pretty suprising considering the fact that she sat for 7 years in someone's back yard before I bought her.

And she also has a chrome antenna trim... which I'd never seen before, but it compliments the silver paint wonderfully IMO

And I just love this pic...

she is such a beatiful car... unfortunately both of my cars are "she"s which means I will not probably not encounter the same blessings DJ and others have had with their festivas multiplying :lol:
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

nice. does it run?
        Teal 93 GL
        stock as piss
        loud system though

Comment

Looks like a sweet project car. on a side note I have a chrome antenna on my 91 that I got off of an 88 at the junkyard
          Paul
          91GL
          Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Not running at the moment. Blown head gasket. But I have a B6 and B3 sitting in my garage, so with a new head gasket and parts from those two motors plus the B3 thats in it now, I think I'll be able to make it go pretty easily. I've swapped B3 to B6 and back again a couple of times on the little blue before, and the last time I put the B3 back in (before I pulled it for the BP... which still won't run) it took a little under two hours from the time I popped the hood to the time I drove it again. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that the A/C will work, cause I really need that this summer. But even if it doesn't, I still saved this beautiful car from the crusher, and to me that alone is worth the $100 I payed for it.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

nice car joseph. certainly worth 100. both your cars are "she's" :lol: why are cars usually referred to as female? maybe cuz cars can be unreliable, stubborn, and other fine qualities i wont mention here. i refer to mine as a "he". and he is pretty mad at me, he wants his new wheel and paint etc, and a new brother also. he was happy with his new console. :lol:
              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

yeah, I still wanna see pics of the console... and the reason my cars are girls is because they are both so beautiful...
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

that is a pretty clean ride for 100. if you get that b6 in, you could have one kick ass daily. i got mine for 100 also as i assume you have see my pics. lookin good :wink:
                  Teal 93 GL
                  stock as piss
                  loud system though

Comment

Congrats on the find!

That Festiva has a really nice paint job! My silver one was all faded and crappy looking. Plus it's EFI so you can do a whole variety of swaps and mods with ease!!!

I'm about to get Festiva #6 - a maroon 88 or 89L that's been sitting for the last 7 years...

Just got to talk the owner into selling it first though!
                    White '89L auto - Sold!
                    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Wow, that is great!!

Even though it has a couple of dents it still looks like the exterior is in really good shape..I didn't see any rust at all.

Good find!

Comment

I did find some rust today. The entire latch mechanism for the hatchback is rusted to the point that it will not even open. No rust anywhere else, not even on the hatch itself, but the latch is toast. Fortunately the old tailgate off of little blue is getting welded on (or maybe highly modified) so it will no longer need its stock hatch hardware. Now if I can just get the hatch open so I can remove and swap the hardware I'll be in business.
                        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                        X