"Credible" Resources on Festiva/Aspire Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Credible" Resources on Festiva/Aspire Information

So in my Human Communication class we have to do an informative speech. So what better to inform the class on than the Ford Festiva and Aspire. I think I am going to talk about the different options, drive trains, etc.
    But for this speech we have to have at least three different sources. So anyone that knows of any, shoot them my way.
    And the only reason I say credible is because I have to be able to sight them throughout the speech and on the works cited page.
    Any info would be a great help!
    Thanks
    -Josh
    -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Fordfestiva.com
    fordaspire.com
    wikipedia?
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Your Service Manual?
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Jim DeAngelis (aka FB71)
        Marcus (Freshtiva)
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          Jim DeAngelis (aka FB71)
          Marcus (Freshtiva)
          Was gonna mention Marcus too...sounds like he needs written sources though...

The problem is I don't think you are gonna find too much written material on the Festiva, besides our ramblings on here. The protege site does have some write-ups that might come in handy...
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

awesome guys! thanks for the help thus far! i'll let you know how it goes!!

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

The standard equipment list at the top of this page would make a good source. Also, although you're not supposed to use wikepedia, wikepedia usually sites its sources, and you can use their sources.
              '97 Aspire

Comment

Pro Tip: I have never seen a teacher check a source that looked legit on your works cited.
                Owner of:
                1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                In progress:
                BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by jake88maro View Post
                  So in my Human Communication class we have to do an informative speech. So what better to inform the class on than the Ford Festiva and Aspire. I think I am going to talk about the different options, drive trains, etc.
                  But for this speech we have to have at least three different sources. So anyone that knows of any, shoot them my way.
                  And the only reason I say credible is because I have to be able to sight them throughout the speech and on the works cited page.
                  Any info would be a great help!
                  Thanks
                  -Josh
                  WITHOUT A DOUBT, "credible" sources would be any poster on here who has over a thousand posts and can honestly say they've owned a Festiva for 5 yrs or more. When you get that limit (of which there are MANY members here with those credentials) they are waaaaaay qualified to be "credible". THIS kind of member can build a Festiva in their sleep. Simply talk to them and find out how many years they've owned a Festiva and what kind of Festiva repairs/mods they've done and include those facts/statistics in your presentation.

Who in the frick wants a book cited when you can instead have the guy who wrote the friggin' book?

If any teacher refuses to accept that logic, they're not teaching you anything except they're stupid.

Good luck with your presentation.
                  88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                  88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                  91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                  93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

haha awesome man! very true!! thanks for all the input guys!
                    Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
                    WITHOUT A DOUBT, "credible" sources would be any poster on here who has over a thousand posts and can honestly say they've owned a Festiva for 5 yrs or more. When you get that limit (of which there are MANY members here with those credentials) they are waaaaaay qualified to be "credible". THIS kind of member can build a Festiva in their sleep. Simply talk to them and find out how many years they've owned a Festiva and what kind of Festiva repairs/mods they've done and include those facts/statistics in your presentation.

Who in the frick wants a book cited when you can instead have the guy who wrote the friggin' book?

If any teacher refuses to accept that logic, they're not teaching you anything except they're stupid.

Good luck with your presentation.

Comment

hey bud, what kind of information does it have to be? primary, secondary? I'm going to be the first to say: if you need scholarly articles your pretty much out of luck haha.

Wikipedia, fordfestiva.net, and any other forum information can be dis-credited. just a FYI dont want you failing homie!!! hahaha.

Comment

Working...
                      X