possible new member???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible new member???

on my way home from work today (before I even left the complex) i happened to look behind me and low and behold, there is a red 93GL auto with a young couple in it. I wave, they smile and wave back and turn into the parking lot. I couldn't help myself and swing around to say "hi".

is is bad that the first thing out of my mouth is "Do you know about FordFestiva .com?" the young man complements Pepe and his girl just stands there and giggles the entire time LOL. so I offer my assistance in any way, and we part before the young lady freezes to death (windy and 25*).

this is the first non member that's been that receptive! I think it's a good sign.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Awesome!
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Right on!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Hey I saw thiscar too and thought it was you at first and started to text you. I was in my work van on 30 up in lancaster so I slowed down to let the car catch up and saw the young couple. Its cool that you talked to them and I hope they join up
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

onya FREDDDDDD.. good work. i'm going to get cards made up and stick them under the windshield wiper that just say FordFestiva.com.. i think that is all that needs to be said really.
          Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km
          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Ive thought about making a card similar to that too!
            91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
            Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
            Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Lol, better check with the powers that be before you actually do that. It's been tried and denied, ask me how I know.
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                Lol, better check with the powers that be before you actually do that. It's been tried and denied, ask me how I know.
                not sure who told you no...but everyone is free to make up cards and leave them for people. I have done so in the past...I have told someone that I would even make them cards when I made my next batch...but I am a major slacker when it comes to that and at the moment...I totally forget who I was conversing with about it.

Cards are totally allowed...unless you are giving out peoples personal info or representing yourself as the playground owner or something.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

A bunch of us last year were discussing this in a thread in general chat and I made a render for it. You posted in the thread IIRC, then Brian told me the logo is copywritten and not allowed to be reproduced...so the whole idea was scrapped.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

So use a different logo! Or don't use any logos!
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts
                    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I remember the gist of that as well but we can use anything self created
                      such as photos, or drawings just not anything registered as a logo for this
                      web site or any other business/corporation.
                      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

This confuses me.

As members, shouldnt we be allowed to have cards with our logo?

And what about having FordFestiva.com stickers on our cars, as a lot of members do?
                        Isn't that a recreation of a FordFestiva.com logo/drawing?

I would think the registering is to keep other sites from using it as their own.
                        Last edited by drddan; 02-22-2013, 02:05 AM.
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

the logo is intilectual property and copyrited. even though we belong to the site, the site and its parts do not belong to us.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'm a member on the Sport Trac website and they have a card you can print out to hand out or put on cars.

Click on business cards on the left. I think some guys print their screen name on the back.
                            Last edited by Larry Hampton; 02-22-2013, 10:05 PM.
                            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                            2005 Accord - wife's DD
                            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
                            X