Longtime lurker-new festiva owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longtime lurker-new festiva owner.

Hi name is Cody and I have been lurking this site for quite a while, I have wanted a festiva for quite a while and I finally got to jump on one. A blue 1991 with 160,000 miles on it, but the odometer doesn't work anymore. I don't know the model, but it has ac, a tachometer, and a rear window defroster if that makes a difference. Its in pretty rough shape though, the body is a little banged up, shifting is a guessing game at best and I can't open the hatch. Or at least I haven't figured it out yet. But it runs great and I found it reasonable at 200$.

So yeah, there is my story. Glad to be a member!

We love pics! And from the sounds of it 200 was a great deal! The hatch with wiper and tach cluster are probably worth $150. Good luck getting it to be a reliable DD....or do you have other plans for it?
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Glad you broke your silence...welcome. All kinds of help in the areas you mention as problems. Just start a thread in the repair help forum and you will get all the help you need.
      When you get a chance, go into your profile and add where you are from, we like to see where all the Festy's are. Hope you continue to enjoy the site.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

welcome to the site, your hatch might to locked if the lock is froze up like mine you can unlock it with your finger from in side the car.
        where it latches there is a lever the you can pull or push to lock and unlock if you have big fingers you might need a screw driver or some thing similar to get to it.
        good luck and post up some pictures

Comment

Welcome to the Site!!!!!! enjoy your car, and the skills/friends you will create because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
            you can unlock it with your finger from in side the car.
            Like william said it's easy to unlock from the inside. My original hatch lock was frozen so I got used to doing this too. And now I have another hatch with the wiper defrost so the lock isn't setup for my key...so still having to do it this way...though usually I live it unlocked unless I have something of value in the back.
            Last edited by Prafeston; 02-26-2013, 10:31 PM.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Welcome to the crew. i 2nd the photos.

I think you have the GL model.
              Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
              Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km
              City - yet to be determined.

Comment

guys...please leave the repair help stuff for the repair section....thanks.
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Welcome bud, where you from?
                  91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                  06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                  95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

One of us one of us one of us one of us one of us welcome!
                    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

^ you, sir, have problems LOL
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I live in Tucson, Arizona and im in the Air Force. I will make a photo bucket account to add photos in the near future. I plan on eventually doing a b6t swap, but that's after another deployment. Id eventually like it to be running 12's. I also own an eclipse gsx that's runs 12.8's but a 12 second festiva would just be awesome.

Comment

very cool....appreciate your service. Let me know if you can not add your location...I can do it for you.
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Army>Air Force.

Kidding, so your going to SW Festiva Fest right!
                            91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                            06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

airforcekid, you need to look up Charlie (aka Advancedynamix) he's outside phoenix and is care taker of Tweak, a super clean B6t swaped monster.
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X