adopted a new festy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adopted a new festy today

well this didnt go the exact way I planed so I ended up adopting a new funbox. It was supposed to go to someone else but things didnt work out on their side so it came to me for the moment. Picked it up in rain and sleet so that was good fun . Its a 90 with a manual trans but the motor is blown. so far the body looks pretty straight except the pass fender. It has an r title because it was hit but repaired. It was drivin for years after it was hit.

Im not 100% what Im doing with it yet, secret experementation or just sell it to someone who needs a good shell for their project. But here it is

sorry about the bad cell phone pics
    borrowed the truck and trailor from work and loaded her up

and here it is at home.... or at least the half way house lol

anyway there it is and we saved another one from the jaws of death :thumbs_up:
    Last edited by bobbyspider; 02-26-2013, 11:16 PM.
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

great... another one for me to fix.

lol
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^ heck, your lucky i didnt truck it up there and drop in your back lawn lol :laughing1:
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
        ^ heck, your lucky i didnt truck it up there and drop in your back lawn lol :laughing1:
        good thing....his trees are mean to Festy's
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

sweeet, nice job bro, I'm waiting on a festiva deal like that if one ever pops up close enough for me to get ahold of.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            good thing....his trees are mean to Festy's
            lol yea his yard has claimed a few cars lives

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
            sweeet, nice job bro, I'm waiting on a festiva deal like that if one ever pops up close enough for me to get ahold of.
            thanks. so far the car looks pretty rust free but i havnt explored the underneath in detail yet. arty will be down here tomorrow and ill have him verify the condition. would make a good project shell for someone, im having trouble making the decision to let it go to someone because i really want to drop something in it. i see what vinny and chris have done and want to do something like that or since i have 2 motors/trans, axles, harness and ecu for a glh t-2 that idea is stabbing me in the back of the brain too. i just dont know if i can justify all that, time is a major issue here and i dont even consider my bp project "done" none the less the car is here and not scrapped and im sure it will go to good use.

Comment

right on man.. I'm trying my best not to get in over my head but I took on another project just the other day...hoping it won't take long, after my bp aspire I think i'm gonna try to stick to the easy stuff haha.. I miss having a garage to pull a car into lol
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

^ fer reel doe! I need my garage free and there is someone elses festy in there now and arty is coming tomorrow to help me finish it and out of the way. afterwards we shal dine as kings in the great banquet hall (pub) of the majestic (dimmly lit) Jackie B's. We shal eat and drink our fill and celebrate our victory pretty much im gonna wine and dine him for his selfless help... but hes sleeping in his own bed lol
                Last edited by bobbyspider; 02-27-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

o.O i have no reply to that.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

that comment my friend is on the house and requires no reply, your meal by the way is also on the house. much to learn from you i have
                    Last edited by bobbyspider; 02-27-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X