I'm going to the junk yard tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to the junk yard tomorrow.

They've got a couple OBD1 Aspires (axle beam and spindles maybe) and an 02 Kia Rio (if front hubs/spindles/brakes still intact then I will use these for a brake upgrade) to get the front struts/mounts out of.

Hopefully one of the Aspires has decent seats, my seat is a ghetto piece of garbage and makes the inside of the car look 10x worse than it actually is. Forgot to ask about an 88-89 Festy for the manual seat belts.

I'm looking to make the car handle significantly better and lighten the car where reasonable without spending money, hence manual belts. (never more than 2 people, already no back seat)

88-89 Festiva: Manual Seat Belts. Anything else?
    02 Kia Rio: Front struts, mounts, hubs, brakes
    94-95 Aspire: Seats hopefully and rear axle beam at least, possibly front spindles if Kia is missing goodies. Should I grab the e brake cable out of it or will my Festy stuff work?

I have a line on a set of Miata wheels for $100 as well. Festy needs tires so it's time to do all this instead of wasting money.

Anything else I should be looking out for? Still a little lost on the whole BP B8 B6 talk. I'm from the world of DSM's where motor swaps are a little less common. 4g63t. If not, sell and buy one that is... lol
    93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

I could use a set of the manual belts if you find any...really just need the center connectors but would take an entire setup...rear plastic trim to go with if you get the whole set.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

If I find anything extra I'll grab em and let you know. From what I'm hearing, this yard is great on prices and you are only 7-8 hours from me so shipping can't be horrible. Define center connectors... (assuming the piece that actually clicks into the "receiver" piece?

Comment

I have a set in my car now, but the drivers side one doesn't lock...so when I have a passenger I have to go without...and when i don't i have to click into the passenger side connector.

So yeah...the center piece there is all I need...but I'd take the hole set with shoulder units too if you found extras...make sure to grab the bolts/washers/spacer from the center connector.
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Have fun! Junkyarding is always so much fun.

Comment

I've only been once and all I got was the proper shift bracket for a 94 AWD DSM trans to go on my new at the time TRE Stage 2.5+ trans.

For the money I had in that car, I could have built a couple 12 second B6T cars it seems.... And I only ran 11's lol.

Comment

Also...would prefer the manual stuff in grey...especially if you found an entire set...if you find just the center connectors in tan I'll deal and just paint them sometime.
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Re: I'm going to the junk yard tomorrow.

E-brake cable off the aspire please!!!
                HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Well I will probably grab one for myself since it looks like the Aspire one works and currently I'm using a couple cable clamps and the universal rigging kit from the parts store right now lol. If they both have one I'll grab one. Remember guys, this all has to fit in the back of the Festiva tomorrow haha
                  Last edited by standard235; 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Re: I'm going to the junk yard tomorrow.

Got my fingers crossed!
                    Thanks!!
                    Last edited by Huli; 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM.
                    HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                    "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

I fit an entire hatch in the back of my car...with room for the passenger!

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

LOL damn! I'll have a passenger too. We MAY be taking his dad's diesel because he's looking for a 300ZX TT VLSD rear end setup tomorrow too. Doubt those will be plentiful though haha.

Comment

whos in line for the rear beam/axle set-up first? Did Huli message you before me on here in the thread or did i pm you first? :nightmare:
                          91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                          Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                          Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

The only issues I'm seeing is I'm not sure how I'd ship the axle beam for one. You sent me the message about an hour and a half before he posted so you'd be first but not sure how I'd get you a beam and you don't need the e brake cable. Like I said, it's only 30 mins from me and there's one about an hour south of me as well to check out. First things first I need to make sure this stuff is solid before I go promising stuff to people lol

Comment

haha ok, well otherwise your not that terribly far away from me meeting halfway could be an option but ill wait until you check them out until anything else gets planned!
                              91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                              Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                              Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Working...
                              X