verbal contract before a jury of my peers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verbal contract before a jury of my peers

Some of you know that there is a thread where I was talking to Kevin (festevil3) about trading my BP car for his 4dr aspire and a load of parts for a BP g-series swap. Here's the confession I have, we had both come to an agreement on everything except for the date for the trade. Then I backed out . He wasn't mad about anything but I respect good character and integrity and try to hold myself to that standard.

So getting to the point of the title. This week I called him back to follow through with the deal. Thankfully he was still open to the deal and we are gonna do this thing. I made this thing as a confession and a contract in front of everyones eyes so i dont back out on him again because I believe a person should do what they say they're gonna do. Maybe this thread sounds ridiculous and unnecessary to some and that's OK.
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Good thread!
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Re: verbal contract before a jury of my peers

If nothing else, you have made it public that you have issues trading. For some people, it's hard to let go of what they have, even if the return is in their favor. For that, you get kudos.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

that bear has moves!
        1991 stiva.

Comment

It's me in a suit ... not, but I do break :-) no split though. You will see on August 18 my bday and also ghost ride the whip day, ill post a video
          Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM.
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

+1 for integrity! Go you!

Comment

thanks for the understanding and support and a special thanks to whoever gave me rep points for this i didnt expect that i was actually expecting more mudslinging at me. so thanks

Comment

...so'kay!!!!!
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_cogar View Post
                  that bear has moves!
                  i have read in a post that you got some props for being a guy with integrety so rep points coming at ya banana time

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                    If nothing else, you have made it public that you have issues trading. For some people, it's hard to let go of what they have, even if the return is in their favor. For that, you get kudos.
                    thanks. and yes it is hard because i put alot of work in this and had furthur plans but i want the 4dr and bp so i a 2 for 1 deal

Comment

I find this to be useful too, when you tell people you are going to do somethings you have to follow through or you look like a weenie.
                      91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                      14 C7 Z51

Comment

yes. i think its a very underestimated quality

Comment

Definitely underestimated! I admire you for this thread. You done good bobbyspider!
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I'm horrible about making good on things I say. I have every intention of doing those things, but forget, or whatever. My wife calls me on it all the time. It's good for me to be confronted about it. Iron sharpened iron and all.
                            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                            88? Parts car-sold
                            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

I think +1 to you sir (bobbyspider)... it used to be you could say you'd do something and then do it... now if someone says something and doesn't follow through 'it was just talking'... so I say congrats on putting yourself out there the commit, and kudos to him for being understanding even if you had wet feet, lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X