having probs w/posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having probs w/posts?

who moderates this or can help? i just spent 15 minutes (ok i am a slowish typist) writing a lengthly reply to an existing thread and when i went to submit my post, i was taken back to the sign-in and my post was lost. this is the 2nd time this happened lately. i just wonder if there is a time limit to get done what you want to say.

It's probably that your browser won't do an "auto save". I used an old copy of Netscape and had the same problem. I switched to Safari and noticed that about every minute or so the words "auto save" would appear which I didn't see with the old Netscape. With the auto save feature, the message was saved and could be posted even when the forum wanted me to log in again. I think this new forum does have some sort of inactive time limit on it.
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
      who moderates this or can help? i just spent 15 minutes (ok i am a slowish typist) writing a lengthly reply to an existing thread and when i went to submit my post, i was taken back to the sign-in and my post was lost. this is the 2nd time this happened lately. i just wonder if there is a time limit to get done what you want to say.
      Try a briefer post then continue it in another.

Comment

OK thanks for the tips. i did notice autosave flashing while i was typing. maybe i'll just write like i talk to the girlfriend. one or two words and a grunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
          I used an old copy of Netscape and had the same problem.
          What the heck! Netscape is still a thing?
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
            What the heck! Netscape is still a thing?
            I had the same reaction about a friend with a AOL email.
            Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

As a matter of fact, I'm writing this reply with Netscape 7.2. I like it because it's like a Festiva. No fancy bells and whistles, but it gets the job done. I've got 7 web sites (including this one) that I visit everyday and only 2 will sometimes cause Netscape to crash if I try to hurry it and change windows before it has a chance to load the whole page.
              You gonna race that thing?
              http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
              X