B3+T Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3+T Roll Call

Just as the title states who all on the forum is running or has built a B3+T setup? Pictures of your setup would be nice. I am intrested in intercooler setups, turbo cooling setups, what type and size injectors you are running etc.. I have searched the entire forum for past or previous builds, but there have to me some more of you guys out there. Thanks in advance!
    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Pre-emptive "here". Still collecting parts, and prepping the drivetrain, but it IS happening.

I assume you've seen Bustiva's thread and this one. My personal favorite, because he literally just stuck the turbo on there.
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?38622-B3-Turbo-on-a-budget&highlight=budget+b3+turbo

I've seen a TD04-9b mentioned, Iceracer mentioned a T25 or K03 as a possibility, and the intercooler from a turbo beetle.

Mine will be a TD04-13T, FMU, and either a custom Hardware Store logifold or adapt a Honda Bx cast eBayfold. Not sure yet.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I have read through the entire post multiple times, this was the thread that encouraged my b3+T build. I was curious if anyoune has done the b3+T and would like to share there pics
        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers

Comment

i would like to see more pics of b3t stuff as well because i want to do one up on my adopted festiva
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I'm interested. I've read through a few of the threads but none I've seen have a detailed build.
            I have a low miles B3 I'm going to drop into my car this summer to replace one with rod knock.
            A small turbo would be fun and useful. Texas has loooong and sometimes steep highway ramps.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

B3+T Roll Call

I've got one. I'm in love with it. 1995 B3 stock engine 80k miles on it. stock injectors, fuel pump and regulator for now, vj-14 OEM spec turbo (b6t), modified aspire exhaust manifold, innovate wideband, stratified mspnp generic, turbo works ic, greddy rs bov, which I found out is a fake, will be replaced with an already acquired OEM dsm 1g bov as soon as I make a plate. 2.25 ss exhaust, autometer exh temp and ford racing boost gauge. I'm in the tuning process at the moment so boost is limited to 3 psi but I'm actually sticking with my projects now so it may be upped shortly and then probably some Dyno runs to dial it in. Future plans are a possible MDM Built B6 or his full race B3 head on a built B3. At this point in the tuning process I am no longer running the stock PCM as a fall back and the mega squirt is night and day better as far as response.

Last edited by Aspire SVT; 03-05-2013, 11:18 PM.
              Tim
              '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
              '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
              '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
              '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
              '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
              '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
              '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
              '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

^That's a good lookin' build.

Stock clutch?
                Last edited by sketchman; 03-06-2013, 02:11 AM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Aspire SVT View Post
                  I've got one. I'm in love with it. 1995 B3 stock engine 80k miles on it. stock injectors, fuel pump and regulator for now, vj-14 OEM spec turbo (b6t), modified aspire exhaust manifold, innovate wideband, stratified mspnp generic, turbo works ic, greddy rs bov, which I found out is a fake, will be replaced with an already acquired OEM dsm 1g bov as soon as I make a plate. 2.25 ss exhaust, autometer exh temp and ford racing boost gauge. I'm in the tuning process at the moment so boost is limited to 3 psi but I'm actually sticking with my projects now so it may be upped shortly and then probably some Dyno runs to dial it in. Future plans are a possible MDM Built B6 or his full race B3 head on a built B3. At this point in the tuning process I am no longer running the stock PCM as a fall back and the mega squirt is night and day better as far as response.

http://s179.beta.photobucket.com/use...re%20SVT%20B3T
                  Thanks for your post, this is the kind of info I am looking for. Very nice build by the way, when I go megasquirt I will be bugging you alot :highly_amused:

Comment

yea nice setup svt!

fuel pump question: for a b3t setup is there any stock fuel pumps that one can snag from a jy that will move the volume needed for a decient boost setup? i think i may have read that someone here used a scion tc one or something like that? anyway i just think a walbro would be a tad overkill rite? any thoughts about that and maybe they used scion injectors too? ill search around a see what comes up.
                    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I plan on using 330cc injectors from an carpi XR2, and a walbro 255 in the tank, FMU. Does anyone see anything wrong with this configuration

Comment

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
                        I plan on using 330cc injectors from an carpi XR2, and a walbro 255 in the tank, FMU. Does anyone see anything wrong with this configuration
                        I thought the point of an FMU was to eliminate the need for larger injectors...
                        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

^ no sir

Comment

FMU is to eliminate the need for a flash/chip/standalone. Not the MOST ideal, but it works.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                              fuel pump question: for a b3t setup is there any stock fuel pumps that one can snag from a jy that will move the volume needed for a decient boost setup? i think i may have read that someone here used a scion tc one or something like that? anyway i just think a walbro would be a tad overkill rite? any thoughts about that and maybe they used scion injectors too? ill search around a see what comes up.
                              I just had a thought related to this. Why not just grab one for a bigger engine that's readily available? 4.6L V8 in the 92-97 Crown Vics makes 210hp and 270tq and starts at $18 plus shipping from Rockauto. Should be plenty of pump for a B3T and CHEAP.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                              X