Numb to dumb, posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numb to dumb, posts?

I was wondering how to find a post by the number of that, in the consecutive order of posts made?

Say, my post #666...
    Last edited by bobstad; 03-07-2013, 12:14 PM.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

You could copy and paste the link from the #1 post in the thread you want, and then replace the 1 with your post number?
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
      You could copy and paste the link from the #1 post in the thread you want, and then replace the 1 with your post number?
      tanx, saved thought of consequence; likely unthinkable...

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Opps?!

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
        Not what I was thinking about, reading this reply more clearly.

I've sometimes noticed there is a running count of any forum member's total posts currently, with their avatar every time anyone posts something. So, since sometimes I notice unusual instances of synchronicity often enough in other things in life generally; I was curious enough of a moment, suddenly feeling reflective for no particular reason at all otherwise-to experiment with my contributions here.

This post itself a reasonable example: I just noticed having made the post, I'm now editing, this is the thousandth post I've made. Considering, what are the chances of that... Sub-conscious hype of the moment, is one thought; no? Though I can think of many other instances of synchronicity in my life more compelling to wonder about, as well as perhaps obviously more random too. Cheap entertainment, once you've gotten the habit a little; which then grows on a person over time too.

Like, what is my 710th post about? Upside down spelling of the word "oil" as I've learned in theses forums.
        Last edited by bobstad; 03-12-2013, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobstad View Post
          Not what I was thinking about, reading this reply more clearly.
          Come to think of that now; I'm still awfully hazy about what sketchman is trying to suggest?

Comment

Re: Numb to dumb, posts?

Go to your user profile and hit "search for all posts by user"?
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Hey, look at that anyone; I've gotten two posts, both #1000. Someone must be yanking my chain or some damned thing; if not some cyber glitch self repairing over time, I've not been patient enough for the machinery to catch up with.
              Last edited by bobstad; 03-12-2013, 12:34 AM.

Comment

That's weird; there are a pair of #1001s too. Theories?

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                  Go to your user profile and hit "search for all posts by user"?
                  By this do you mean I'm supposed to select "my profile" then "latest posts"?

I get a search result saying page one of forty three; and none of the available selections are numbered.

I'd have to guess at which page a particularly numbered post might be on; then randomly select a post from that page to see which number post I got, then keep experimenting until I found the desired numbered post. Which is too inconvenient and painstaking a process, for my current level of curiosity about the phenomena.

Not really a whole lot to have to do is one feeling; so perhaps I'll get back to the notion some other time and experiment further. No doubt some play with a calculator might narrow the time involved; though the sort of thing I'm not too practiced in figuring out.
                  Last edited by bobstad; 03-12-2013, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobstad View Post
                    Come to think of that now; I'm still awfully hazy about what sketchman is trying to suggest?
                    Right click the upper right corner of the post in a thread. There is a number there. Copy link location. Paste into address bar. Replace with desired post number. This will only work if you know which thread the post you want is in, and even then you'd have to go to that thread, so kind of defeats the purpose, I guess.
                    Might not even work now that I look at the link it gives you.
                    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                    X