Persuading someone to sell a Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persuading someone to sell a Festiva

I'm back in Houston for the summer and am in need of a car to drive for a couple months until I go back to Washington in the fall for school.

I managed to locate a Festiva. It's been sitting in a parking lot for the last 7 years, according to the registration.

I went into the strip mall by the car and located the business where the owner worked. One of the employees went in the back to talk to his boss, and came back to say the car was not for sale.

Since I was in a hurry I said OK and left.

Of course, as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot I realised I should have left my name and number, and spoke to the owner face to face.

Do you guys have any tips on how to persuade the owner to sell me the car? Usually people with non-running Festivas are more than happy to get rid of them and I've never had any issues acquiring them until now.

What do you think is a good approach? I need a car!

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

I think you made a mistake by not talking to the owner face to face on the first try.The employe might have liked the $50 price he told him to tell and might be the new owner of that festiva.
    And if its true he said no, the boss might be playing to get the most out of it so I would look for another one after trying one more time.
    06 vw Bora
    09 Nissan Versa
    fastest B6T is back!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

so why exactly did you sell your festys in the first place????

sort of feeling kind of stupid, eh? :roll:

Comment

not for me...

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj
          so why exactly did you sell your festys in the first place????

sort of feeling kind of stupid, eh? :roll:
          Because I moved.

I was afraid someone would point out this little problem and you did it... :lol:

Unfortunately I was called back because of family issues over the summer, and I'm afraid to take my currant Festiva on a 3,000 mile journey.

Originally posted by MEXTIVA
          I think you made a mistake by not talking to the owner face to face on the first try.The employe might have liked the $50 price he told him to tell and might be the new owner of that festiva.
          And if its true he said no, the boss might be playing to get the most out of it so I would look for another one after trying one more time.
          I never thought of that. If the guy did say 50 bucks and his employee lied, he's going to be screwed when I talk to his boss face to face.

I agree with your thinking the boss is playing to get the most $$ out of the Festiva; there's a very good chance you are right on this one.

I'll try tomorrow and see what happens.

Regards,

Tim
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by xpnsyd
            not for me...
            oh Timmy!!!!

i know where you can easily persuade some turkey to sell you one of his or maybe rent a festy

Comment

Re: Persuading someone to sell a Festiva

Originally posted by Tim
              Do you guys have any tips on how to persuade the owner to sell me the car?

Regards,

Tim
              :evil4: :evil4:
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

i knew someone that pointed out to an owner if the city comes in and sees an unplated car they might tow it away. i had a insurance customer that had a 71 chevell in the back yard and it was his daughters car and it smoked and was sitting for six months and not for sale. so one night the daughters son got arrested and they needed bail money so they called me and i took 400.00 to them put a battery in the car and drove away a half hour later. never hurts to leave name and number in case of a rush sale.

Comment

I have had good luck with "hi, just wondering if you might be interested in selling that car." and then haggle a price.

I have actully been driving past a house on my way home from work that has a nice 90-93 red festiva L in the driveway, but it looks like its being drivin, until last night it was parked in by the backyard behind 2 other vehicles.

I think i might knock on the door and say, "hi there, sorry to bother you, but if you ever decided to sell the festiva in the future please take my phone number."

and then say, "I have $1000 cash i could offer you."

perhaps they bought it really cheap, and $1000 seems like a crazy amount of money for a festiva..... if im lucky!

Guys, do you think doing this would be pushy or rude?

Comment

^^^that's how I got 2 of my Festivas.. not @ 1000 though.. I never offered a price unless they asked and if they do, it's time to go look over the car real good before making an offer like that..

Comment

Just borrow one of DJ's for the summer. I doubt he will even know one is missing.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mattswabb
                        Just borrow one of DJ's for the summer. I doubt he will even know one is missing.

I might find a junker and park it where one of the running ones are...

And I'd be in Washington before he'd be any the wiser..
                        White '89L auto - Sold!
                        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I went and talked to the guy today and it went pretty good.

He does want to sell the car, but someone else wants it too (probly the guy who I talked to yesterday). However this person hasn't paid for the car and I told the guy I had cash in hand. I should be getting a telephone call tomorrow or Saturday, so we'll see...

If it does work out I'll be the new owner of Maroon Festiva #2....
                          White '89L auto - Sold!
                          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Timmy ,no it's not pushy ,anytime I see a Festiva sitting ,I always knock and ask .
                            I always get the same reply ,seriously , NO
                            The last one said ,no it's my moms and she is going to have it restored :? :lol: :lol:
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

timmy is gonna be a festiva hog...he has 5 waiting for him, and wants more. :lol:

were you wearing your side arm at the time packrat? :lol:
                              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X