mazda trim question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mazda trim question

im a slight noob and i was wondering what model this is its the trim from my yellow door i havent seen these stripes before and wonder if there from festiva or mazdai was only 5 when the doors were put on so idk
    IMG_2197.jpg
    :cam:

There were about a million Festiva dealer installed stripe kits!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

wow that many

Comment

Maybe not quite! But I've seen a bunch. Stripes, graphics, Festiva text...etc. The most common one was the Hockey sticks!

The brush stroke was pretty common too.

This one looks like it had a single or maybe double stripe going down the side. It too is going just above the door handle.

These probably don't even scratch the surface to all the different ones there were.
        Last edited by Prafeston; 03-15-2013, 12:33 AM.
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaman42 View Post
          im a slight noob and i was wondering what model this is its the trim from my yellow door i havent seen these stripes before and wonder if there from festiva or mazdai was only 5 when the doors were put on so idk
          North America imported about 350,000 Festys between 88 and 93 so you can be sure there have been thousands of aftermarket decals and stripes applied. And this is over and above the factory-available ones.

Comment

can you get the 'Festiva' one in different colours or was it just red?
            Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
            Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
            Highway - 7.32L/100km
            City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
              can you get the 'Festiva' one in different colours or was it just red?
              Festiva 'One'! There were about a dozen different colours but red seems to have been by far the most popular (or most commonly stocked). I suspect that Ford was seriously trying to keep the costs down by not offering very much in the way of choices. Every one of the cars I've ever looked at in Ontario had gray interiors too. I don't think gauge packages, power steering or A/C were available in Canada either. The upscale versions (LXs) were out-numbered about 10 to 1 by the base (L) versions.

Comment

did mazda do the same trim cause i am now aware that the door is from a 87 121

Comment

Not sure about the Mazda trim as we only got the Festiva in the states. Maybe some of our friends in other countries could shed some light on the stripes on them.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaman42 View Post
                    did mazda do the same trim cause i am now aware that the door is from a 87 121
                    You are from outside n. America I gather, because they didn't sell 121s over here.

Comment

im from australia

Comment

Re: mazda trim question

Looks like a 121 shades door.
                        I have the same on mine
                        1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

this is the weirdest factory package. from germany. petit fleur. little flower? english translation of text is shown. i think this was targeted to a buyer of certain "orientation?" oddly (or maybe not), included leather MOMO steering wheel and 13" wire type alloys.

Comment

Seems kind of off-topic.

That aside, I'd drive that in a heartbeat! Those wheels should have been stock on the Festiva!
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                              Seems kind of off-topic.

That aside, I'd drive that in a heartbeat! Those wheels should have been stock on the Festiva!
                              not sure how this is off topic in a thread started by a MAZDA 121 owner asking about other MAZDA 121 trims. i could say all the FESTIVA trim pics are off topic. but i won't.

Comment

Working...
                              X