Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what mpg do you get at

70-75?

even at 65mph I am going through a quarter and a half (faild fracations) of a tank every 70 miles. if I am force to go 70-75 it goes up to about half a tank.
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

I'd say I get around 35-38 at speeds of 70-75.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

35+ most of the time.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Doesn't sound like your fuel gauge is very trustworthy, if it is then you might as well be driving a old pick-up at those mpgs.

I know for sure I get at least 35+, I haven't figured any 100% Highway driving fuel mileage, but I wouldn't be surprised I would break 40+ between 65-70.

I will get back to you this summer. :p
        Going to be doing quite a bit of highway driving.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Crusing the Streets, and/or the interstate driving 75-85+ for the 143 mile one way to see my Son I still Get 34-35MPG'S!!!!!!!!
          BTW.... I am running a BP with A/C-PS+Turbo intake,2in "no cat" exhaust with New stock festy muffler, and 5speed. and I run 175/60-13's
          93L sold. First FESTY!
          91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
          91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
          89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
          93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
          89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
          93GL Sold Too Soon!
          91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

I get like 32.68 going 70-75 to/from work everyday... 89 festy with autotragic three speed

Comment

If I don't slow down or stop, I can get about 34-36 at 70. I don't often travel faster than that, so I couldn't say what my mileage is.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by 2ruble View Post
                I get like 32.68 going 70-75 to/from work everyday... 89 festy with autotragic three speed
                Makes me wonder why people payed more to get the Auto for less gas mileage when they bought these new.
                Oh that is right! More women bought these cars then men, and most women would rather have the automatic even if it meant almost a 10MPG difference in gas mileage.
                Now this may cause me to be single forever, but any girlfriend of mine is going to learn how to drive a stick, because there is no way I am buying a car with an automatic, EVER! (Unless it is a Festy, but it wouldn't keep the automatic for long.)

I will never understand this lazy country we live in where everyone buys a car with an automatic. Nowadays manufactures don't even give you a manual option for most cars, and if they do, dealers hardly carry them.
                Guess how many manual Ford Fusions the Ford dealer had on their lot when my folks went to look at some? Two, but none of the ones they had fit what my parents were looking for so they had to get theirs special ordered.

I will say this again. Automatics should only be for the disabled and elderly. I think every state should require you take your driver's test in a manual, certainly would help keep idiots off the road.
                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-15-2013, 12:05 PM.
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I agree to an extent but these new DCT's are awesome...

Still doesn't give you the sensation of DRIVING.
                  93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                    I will say this again. Automatics should only be for the disabled and elderly. I think every state should require you take your driver's test in a manual, certainly would help keep idiots off the road.
                    So much of this.

My mom made me take my test in our 99 5-speed s-10. I got a 99%. Would've got 100% if I put it in gear when I parked(used the parking brake though)

Glad she did!
                    Buck.
                    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                      I know for sure I get at least 35+, I haven't figured any 100% Highway driving fuel mileage, but I wouldn't be surprised I would break 40+ between 65-70.
                      You might make 40+ MPG at 65 MPH, but I'll bet at 70 MPH you don't.
                      Even my stock 5 spd, with a failed O2 sensor, gets 39+MPG at 60 MPH.
                      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                      Your holy ghost will not save you.
                      Your God plutonium will not save you.
                      In fact...
                      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                        You might make 40+ MPG at 65 MPH, but I'll bet at 70 MPH you don't.
                        Even my stock 5 spd, with a failed O2 sensor, gets 39+MPG at 60 MPH.
                        On the way back from your house dad I got 48. Just crusin in 5th about the whole time. That was in the cammed b6
                        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by MiltonHavoc View Post
                          70-75?

even at 65mph I am going through a quarter and a half (faild fracations) of a tank every 70 miles. if I am force to go 70-75 it goes up to about half a tank.
                          Milton dont you you have a ATX? There are so many variables to just post this question without more facts... Anyway here is what I can squeeze out of my MTX Aspire that has the festy gear ratio.@ 720 ft above sea level in the summer @ 75mph I can usually get 38-40mpg.If I slow don to 70-65mph I can usually get 45mpg. Now in the WINTER time my mpg goes down because the car always wants to run richer. So my mpg usually is around 35-38. And then with my snow tires in the blowing rain & snow at 75mph I've gotten as low as 32mpg. Your tires and toe settings DRASTICALLY affect mpg's in these little cars. I average 500-800 miles per week so I have a lot of data to compare with. Once again TOE setting is a big factor for mpg and if you have loose front end parts, your toe can vary as you drive affecting mpg's.
                          Last edited by nitrofarm; 03-15-2013, 06:10 PM.
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Good post Nitrofarm!
                            Now what toe settings do you use and are you using OEM suspension and tires or what?
                            '92 Aqua parts Car
                            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                              On the way back from your house dad I got 48. Just crusin in 5th about the whole time. That was in the cammed b6
                              OK, my lesser son, what did you get on the trip up to my house? LOL
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                              X