Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take, to kill a stock 06 GTI or SRT-4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take, to kill a stock 06 GTI or SRT-4?

So you take a festiva, add b6t power (easier to find and do then a bpt, so lets stay 1.6 for now.)

what do you guys think it would take to kill a 06 gti?
    200hp
    3352lbs with the DSG trans

Festiva
    1872lbs
    63hp stock
    160-190hp (depending on mods done to b6t, big intercooler turned up boost, etc.)

what do you guys think?
    I love the new gti, but cant afford one, so i wanna build a festiva that will beat one. and im so sick and tired of these kids in these srt-4's who think there too cool for the room.

Do the math 3352/200=16.76 lb/HP

A festiva at 180hp is around 10 lb/HP. You still need to consider gearing, traction and the driver. I have yet to go against an SRT-4, I've been looking though.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

my festy stays with my buddys 337 gti and 20th gti both with run 19 psi and full exhaust. One of them is puttin about 200 to the wheels and about 240 to the flywheel so that should put some perspective to it :?
      Ian Carr
      88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
      99' S70 T5M- faster DD
      86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

wow, i would think that you would be killing a 337 or 20th gti, those mk4's are PIGS as far as weight..

Comment

Yeahhhhhh... I raced my friends 1.8T Wolfsburg Edition Jetta when he was running a chip and 21psi and I obsolutely smoked him. We were even in first gear because we both didn't have traction, but by the end of second gear, I was a few car lengths ahead and pulling quickly. He then swapped an APR Stage III turbo system onto it which apparently bumps the power up to 290hp. I never got a chance to race him with that setup because he wrecked the car. As far as SRT-4s, they are low 14 second cars when driven by a professional and from what I've seen they are mostly owned by retards who can't drive, so needless to say they aren't very hard to beat either.
          * Retired Festiva-er*
          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

the 20ths and 337s are faster than wolfsburgs, and these kids have done a bunch of things. I havent actually raced them from a stop but i know when they get on it, i'm right behind them :roll:

p.s. mk4 golfs only weight 2800-2900 lbs
            Ian Carr
            99' S70 T5M- faster DD

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Just get 400hp and AWD that is a better solution. Its only 2200 pounds.

Here the math 2200/400=5.5 you could add 100 shot of Nitrous 4.4 power weight 4 the win!

Here is best selling point 195mm x4=780mm is contact traction patch.
              Just a thought! That's by the way more than any RWD or FWD street car manufactured today.

Comment

you still only have two wheels moving the car evo gun.. unless you have 2 lsd's.. which if you do it pretty sweet
                Ian Carr
                99' S70 T5M- faster DD

Comment

Originally posted by project b6t
                  the 20ths and 337s are faster than wolfsburgs,
                  Regardless, at the rate I was pulling on him, the extra 10hp that the 337/20AEs have over the WE wouldn't have made a considerable difference.

Originally posted by project b6t
                  you still only have two wheels moving the car evo gun.. unless you have 2 lsd's.. which if you do it pretty sweet
                  Look at it this way, if he has two wheels moving the car then you only have one.
                  * Retired Festiva-er*
                  1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                  B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

According to my Arkansas math, 1 1=...well hell that's at least twice as many.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

It is a LSD in the rear, so sometimes 3 wheels. Front LSD will come when i blow the tranny. I can make it RWD if I lock the viscus. SO Drift anyone?

Comment

337's have 15 more hp, 15 more ft/lbs of torque and they weigh 2850 lbs compared to the wolfsberg's weight at 3200 lbs. This 20th has apr software which alow 19 psi, 2.5 turbo back exhaust, cold air intake, hks ssq blow off and it putting about 245 hp to the flywheel and 260 fl/lbs. I played with him today and up hill he stayed right with him, but im not sure what it would be like on a flat at a lower speed (2nd gear) but i can tell you those gti's are not slow.

-Ian

p.s. i know my car only puts power to one wheel :cry:

evo- thats sweet that your car has a rear lsd! i want to see this car in action damn it!!!
                        Ian Carr
                        99' S70 T5M- faster DD

Comment

195mm X 3 = 585mm < 2006 Corvette Z06 325mm X 2 = 650mm or any 300+ sizes 2wd cars have a bigger traction contact patch than you. I'm not trying to downplay how good that is, but just stating they still have more rubber to grip than you... Or if you want to be fair, the Bugatti Veyron which is also AWD has 245's up front and 335's out back so that's a contact patch of 1160mm > 780mm... -Kyle
                          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Working...
                          X