Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can never doubght a festiva in the snow again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can never doubght a festiva in the snow again.

I was coming back from PA with a friend of mine Sunday. We hit the Midwest Blizzard from start to finish starting in Indiana and ending in Kansas city. Most of the brunt of it was night driving through Indiana and Illinois, followed by MO and KA.
    OMG!!
    Every 5 mins or so there was another Semi or vehicle that had wrecked off the road or into the median. We lost count at 25 in a 10mi stretch and there were tons more after that even. We had to stop several times for the wreckers to pull Semi's out of the medians or guard rails. There was one semi that had made it "just" into oncoming traffic lanes. If there was a car going by when it happened it would have been instantly over for the driver. I saw a Semi go over a bridge. Every car that passed us and I mean EVERY car, we caught up to was in a ditch or front end totaled by the guardrail. I do not understand how people do not feel the need to slow down in the snow. I kept a constant pace of 40mph through most of it. There were parts where I had to rely on the vibration grooves to tell me where to go. I should have pulled over but the power of female persuasion can be strong. Next time ill put her out and let her walk lol. People were passing me on the Left and had to be going at least 50-60mph. I know that I have racing and snow rally-x experience on my side, and I still felt like I was nuts for continuing on. So the other people were just outright batcrap crazy.

My friend was going to take a pic of the snow covered trees and roads and we happened to catch a Semi passing us and then wrecking into the median. Ill post those pics in a sec.
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

People are complete idiots. 'Nuff said.

~Joe
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

But yeah. When we had that blizzard a few months back, I drove my little auto in at 6AM, in the dark, with 2foot visibility, 35 miles. I had one guy pass me in an Audi going atleast 50 or so.. 3 miles later (and like 10 minutes at the speed I was going lol) he was off the side with his blinkers on. He had an Audi, so I'm sure he had a cell phone. He was standing outside the car, so I didn't even consider helping the fool.

By the time I got to work, I was one of 3 there... and they sent me home without pay. Back into the 13 inches of snow.

I asked if I could stay there for like an hour or two - OFF THE CLOCK - until it settled down, and they said no.

Love it.
      Last edited by Spike; 03-26-2013, 01:28 PM.
      1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
        But yeah. When we had that blizzard a few months back, I drove my little auto in at 6AM, in the dark, with 2foot visibility, 35 miles. I had one guy pass me in an Audi going atleast 50 or so.. 3 miles later (and like 10 minutes at the speed I was going lol) he was off the side with his blinkers on. He had an Audi, so I'm sure he had a cell phone. He was standing outside the car, so I didn't even consider helping the fool.

By the time I got to work, I was one of 3 there... and they sent me home without pay. Back into the 13 inches of snow.

I asked if I could stay there for like an hour or two - OFF THE CLOCK - until it settled down, and they said no.

Love it.
        Glad you made it to and back from work safely.

Where in the heck do you work that they wouldn't let you hang out OFF the clock for awhile?

Good grief, if you can, I'd go get another job. You deserve better.....
        Last edited by Twistiva; 03-26-2013, 01:39 PM.
        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to off-topic it.

It's a decent job, I guess the HR person just wanted to leave, as did the director (they are salary, so this would be a paid day off).. pfft. It's just another warehouse.
          1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

IMG_20130325_065757.jpgIMG_20130325_065802.jpg
            Fast....Women are fast
            Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Milton, I was in Kansas City on Sunday as well. Fell on the ice when I was scrapping crap off my girlfriends Cherokee. I'm still sore today!
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

ice falls no fun. and weirdly dangerous. I have a client who stepped off a curb and compound fractured his knee ( I still cant figure that one out)
                My other client has whiplash from falling.
                Ice is job security for me I guess......
                Fast....Women are fast
                Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

I got whip lash pretty good. Managed to not hit my head and I didn't try catching myself so no harm to the hands/arms really. My left shoulder and elbow took most of the damage. No breaks! I kind of pride myself in my athleticism and coordination. I felt pretty silly having like a cartoonish feet over my head fall!
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                  X