large diam. crank pulleys available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• large diam. crank pulleys available

not so rare anymore. unless i got the last ones, 4GREEN will sell you these pulleys for the large (27.7mm) crank end on a 1.3L. (large cranks were installed on festiva's starting 2/1/92). from left to right: A/C pulley for engines with A/C and PS. - KBJ04 11403. A/C pulley for engines with A/C and NO PS. - MB3A9 11403. crankshaft MAIN pulley. - MB359 11401A. all about $10 ea. unfortunately the spacer ring you need between the pulleys isn't available but it's pretty much a big washer.

Thanks! This is cool.

A long time ago I let go Lux's old pulley from her B3 when I did the B6 swap. A '93GL with air pulley would have been nice!

I have only two big nose pulleys, both without A/C. I put one on Aqua and one is on Prettystiva. The last time I found a '93GL at the PnP it also had no A/C. (I was going to pull that for someone else here.)

So far though I doubt I'll want A/C on a Festiva. Simpler is better, IMO.

When I get an Echo I may get one with air. Maybe.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Crankshaft pulley

Hi
      I was wondering if this pulley will fit a 92 Festiva with a 1.3 motor. I have no a/c. Problem is I believe the pulley is somehow bent. At idle you can see it wobbles. I was told this is not good for the engine and should replace it asap. I got the car about two months ago and it runs great. I have been searching for weeks to no avail. I called FORD yesterday and they said no way and good luck. No parts stores, mail order or junk yards have it. Please let me know what you think.
      Thanks
      Joe

Comment

^^ I depends on the build date on your '92, some had the large nose some had the small nose. The large nose have a square bolt pattern and a hole for a locater pin like the one pictured above, the small nose have a trapezoidal pattern and a notch cut out of the center hole for locating it relative to the crank. If you end up having a small nose i have several laying around, I'm only about an hour or so north of Atlanta.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Thanks
          Ill have to see if I can figure which one I have. Have you ever heard of something like this? You can actually see the pulley with a wobble in it. Does your expertise tell you this is a major issue? Will it harm my engine? Thanks for your help
          Joe

Comment

Are you sure the wobble is in the pulley itself? It probably is, but you could take it off and put it on a flat area to check. I'm not sure if the wobble could be a bent crank snout. That would probably be unlikely.

If the pulley is bent, you could also try bending it back. It's just steel and I don't think it would be that difficult. (There may be a rule about not doing that though, so you better check this with someone more knowledgeable than me.)

Karl
            Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-29-2013, 12:24 PM.
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

The crank pulley on my wobbles as well, but only at idle engine speeds.

Probably just needs tightened down.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Here's the 2 different pulleys. The one on the left is the big nose (large diameter crank) found on all '93 models and some '92s. The one on the right is for the small nose crankshaft found on some '92s and all the earlier model years.

The big nose pulley can get bent if the guy removing it tries prying on it when it is stuck fast. I bought a project car from a guy who shouldn't be allowed around wrenches. He had bent the pulley so bad trying to remove it that I couldn't use it.
                You gonna race that thing?
                http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Thanks everybody for your help and suggestions. I will see if I can get it off easily and make certain that its bent. I will try to straighten it out first. I will post again pending the results.
                  Joe

Comment

Working...
                  X