what would you guys pay for wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you guys pay for wheels?

I have a few forums that I frequent that consistently have 13-15" wheels for sale. Most of them in our bolt pattern. Some of them 4x100. I never post them here because I figure they are out of your guys price range. Sometimes I see them for 3-$400. But mostly they start at 5 or $600 and go up. They are mostly oldschool JDM wheels, some of them pretty lightweight. I'm looking at a set of Toms Racing in 13" right now for 800 and a set of advance a3a 13" for $800.
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

400 for wheels only would be on the high end for me. Maybe 500 or 600 if they came with a decent set of wheels that would fit under our cars...which is probably highly unlikely!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

How lightweight exactly? I would pay maybe up to $100/wheel if it's worth it and if they are pristine. The thing is, you can get brand new "small" wheels that are light enough for most, for much less than that, so it would have to be some deal for me to pay more than $200 for a set of used old wheels.

These, for instance, I have a set of. Well worth it and CHEAP.
      Discount Tire Direct is retiring, but check out our partners at Tire Rack! With tires and wheels for virtually every vehicle make and model, Tire Rack is your new source for the best prices and selection for online and mail-order purchases.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

400usd is about the most I would pay if they are in good shape
        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Most if not all the wheels fit under our cars. The good thing about old school JDM is that the widths usually didn't go past 6.5.

The other good thing is the individuality of them, not a lot of ppl will have them.
          Price wise though, most of them are way higher than what you guys would pay.
          When I come across some in your guys price range I'll post them.
          Fast....Women are fast
          Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MiltonHavoc View Post
            Most if not all the wheels fit under our cars. The good thing about old school JDM is that the widths usually didn't go past 6.5.
            I meant ones with tires...seeing as a majority of these wheels are probably going on cars that have a much larger wheel well then if they come with tires, it's probably unlikely that they would fit under our cars without issue.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

I'm still interested in how light they are. Any 14" under 11lbs for around $100 each I would consider if I was looking, and they were in great shape. I'm a function over form type of guy(I painted my brand new gloss black with chrome lip wheels flat black with a sponge brush, so), and I don't care how many people have the wheels I do.

Perhaps old Japs aren't the wheels for me.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

What function does flat black paint have over a gloss? Just curious.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts

Comment

I have to leave the car parked overnight at Wal-Mart 5 nights a week, and I live in a crappy area. Flashy stuff is a bad idea.

Plus, I just HATE chrome.
                  Last edited by sketchman; 04-04-2013, 05:21 PM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

if you need new wheels, just go to the pick-a-part and get the 13s off a hyundai accent and take off the hubcaps

Comment

I bought all 4 of my rims brand new from discount tire for $88 each.
                      and they are perfectly flush with the body.
                      Last edited by rmoltis; 04-07-2013, 04:58 PM.
                      Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

............... I'm looking at a set of Toms Racing in 13" right now for 800 and a set of advance a3a 13" for $800.
                        You are a Festy owner, right? 800 bones ought to get you a intact B6T engine and kit, a complete parts car, or "free installation" of an Aspire/Rio suspension. 4 lousy spinning circles that are prettier, and more expensive, than the car is just not right. And tires are not even included!

Mid to late 80s RX7s all had alloy wheels (14s) and so did some Mazda 323s (13s) with the same 4 1/2 inch 4 bolt pattern. These should be available by the pound if you can find them. Will save you at least $750 that can be better devoted to decent tires.

Comment

... I'm looking at a set of Toms Racing in 13" right now for 800 and a set of advance a3a 13" for $800.
                          A3As would look neat. I hope you can "pull them off".

I'd probably spend ~$1500 on the right set of small wheels.
                          Last edited by deathrace2000; 04-07-2013, 10:13 PM.

Comment

The rims I have always wanted were the Motegi Traklite 2 rims 15x7 4x100.
                            They only weigh 10lbs each and are made of forged aluminum.
                            They are $250 each brand new and I think it would be worth it if I ever had enough to buy whatever rims I wanted.
                            Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
                              The rims I have always wanted were the Motegi Traklite 2 rims 15x7 4x100.
                              They only weigh 10lbs each and are made of forged aluminum.
                              They are $250 each brand new and I think it would be worth it if I ever had enough to buy whatever rims I wanted.
                              Have those on my AWD car their okay, Volk te37 are lighter at 8.8 pounds, but over twice the price( but have those too in a different size).

Comment

Working...
                              X