Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identification please? - VIN number range for the Ford Festiva GTX japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification please? - VIN number range for the Ford Festiva GTX japan?

could someone please tell me the VIN number range for the Ford Festiva GTX from Japan?

does it start with a H,K or some other letter(s) and how many numbers/letters does it contain all together?

If anyone could provide details, that would be great.. thanks.

i also found this link too with a bit more info about the mazda 121 1.3l 16v which i am under good authority is the same engine used in the Ford Festiva GTX.

Mazda 121 1.3 16v (1985) - technical specifications - body type, number of doors, number of seats, front track, rear track, dimensions - length/width/height, ground clearance, weight, fuel tank capacity, aerodynamics, engine type and displacement, number of cylinders, number of valves, sump type, compression, fuel system, maximum power, maximum torque, maximum speed, acceleration, BMEP, intercooler, catalytic converter, fuel consumption - urban/extra-urban/combined, drive system, steering, turning circle, front suspension, rear suspension, wheels/rims, tyres, brakes, transmission/gear box, number of gears, top gear ratio. Technical data about Mazda 121 1.3 16v (1985).
    Last edited by jawbraeka; 04-07-2013, 02:14 AM.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Jaw, I don't have a clue on GTX. PM FestivaGTX. Have you searched the forums?

Since we are on the topic of VINs, if there are any German members here, could you please get me a VIN from a 3 door junk yard Pride with power windows. I need it to search parts databases. Thanks.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 04-07-2013, 05:57 AM.

Comment

i'll try to stop at the garage that hides my JDM festiva and get the serial #. it's not a GTX but should be the same number of digits for all versions of jap festivas. since those were built by mazda i think it started with DA

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
        i'll try to stop at the garage that hides my JDM festiva and get the serial #. it's not a GTX but should be the same number of digits for all versions of jap festivas. since those were built by mazda i think it started with DA
        I know now that its a special DA code, DAJPH, something like that, but I just want be certain from a completely physical source. Thanks F3BZ

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

here is the plate. not alot of numbers. must not sell as many cars in JP. still not positive about the GTX numbers but i can't think why they'd be different.

Comment

thankyou very much .. much appreciated.

Avg Economy:
            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

after all this too,i would think that the official japanese GTX would be along the lines of either oneof the following:

DAJPF-XXXXXXXX
              DA1PF-XXXXXXXX
              DA3PF-XXXXXXXX
              XHALP-XXXXXXXX or HALPX-XXXXXXXX or to that effect.

not exactly sure what the halp stands for or what chassis its supposed to be supporting but they are the official GTX chassis's as far as i'm aware

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Working...
              X