No announcement yet.

What should i pay for my first festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i pay for my first festiva?

I'm about to turn 16 and i want to buy a festiva. Could anyone give my advice on buying one? Thanks.

your location and aspirations for the festy should be made public to better assist you...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i live in madera california, and all i want is a festy that runs good and isn't riced out.

Comment

Riced out. Can't say i've seen a riced out Festy now that I think about it, makes me happy to like a car that isn't victim to that!
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Where you are they are not going to be rusted-out. Crash-repaired and sun-baked maybe, and with ruined panels and upholstery. The minute one of these cars is mechanically certified and emissions tested, and ready to drive away they are worth $1500+. What you are looking for is a clean one (no body work and that hasn't been re-painted) that won't run or needs tires/valves/exhaust/brakes etc etc. Then all of a sudden $500 becomes a lot of money for a 'titled' purchase.

I personally have not seen any "riced-out" versions of Festys but that doesn't mean they don't exist. If you're serious and carefully study the masters on this forum (there are dozens of them) and actually manage to build another "Tweak" (Advancedynamics car) then you will see the ricers in your neighbourhood gradually (more likely quickly) stop trolling down your street. Take your time (I guess for 16 year olds that's going to be all of 10 minutes) and enjoy maintaining and driving such a car for what it is while you're contemplating the next move.
          For you this is going to become an introduction and acquaintance with earlier times and easier to fix vehicles, and 'seat of the pants' driving. The only other way to go even more retro is to find a headrest/airbag/seatbelt/pollution controls-free mid-60s era Mini Cooper.

Comment

Hit up Grey Vw. He has a clean one for sale.

Comment

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X