Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva 88L Door Jamb Sticker

Guys -

Had my Festiva painted recently. In the process the painter removed the Ford manufacturing sticker in the driver's side door jamb (the one that has the manufacturing date, vehicle weight, body paint color, VIN, etc) because it was so faded you couldn't read half the text on it.

2 questions....

1) Does anyone know of a company that makes new ones? (The Ford dealer in my town said that Ford won't print new ones. Not sure why.)

2) Can anyone take a picture of their door jamb sticker so if I am able to make a new one I'll be able to have the correct info re-printed as well as get it put into the correct format/layout? (We took a picture of the original but, again, with it being so faded I'm missing probably half the info.) I'm guessing that all our Festivas, except for the manufacturing date and model, had virtually the same info, regardless of the year and model, but mine is an 88L, if that matters.

Thanks!

(BTW, I tried searching for door jamb sticker photos possibly on the site already but didn't find any posts.)
    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Here is my sticker ... it is an LX
    '88 LX (VIN#30) one of the first Built 12/86
    '88 L (VIN#55753) Built 12/87
    '93 GL one of the last Built 5/19/93

Comment

Wow XFSE71 that's a neat sticker: made by Kia for Ford. None of mine (92 & 93s) look like that, and they also have a bar code VIN sticker directly below that main decal.

Comment

Here are my stickers! From a '92

Driver side

Passenger side
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

he should not have removed the sticker, it has the VIN on it and the Feds say it has to STAY there.... should have been masked off.... he should know that...
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by XFSE71 View Post
            Here is my sticker ... it is an LX
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12119[/ATTACH]
            XFSE71 -

Thanks for posting your pix!

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
            Here are my stickers! From a '92

Driver side

Passenger side
            Prafeston -

Thanks for posting pix, too. I believe the one I had is like yours (the driver's side one).

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            he should not have removed the sticker, it has the VIN on it and the Feds say it has to STAY there.... should have been masked off.... he should know that...
            He took it off because you couldn't read half the text on it and he was under the impression that Ford made new door jamb stickers. Turns out they do but they typically limit that service to vehicles only a year or two old. Not sure why they don't go back earlier than that but the Ford body shop said they need proof of ownership of the car and they'll have to ask the Ford district manager for special permission to make a new VIN sticker. Hopefully I'll be able to get a new one made.

Any idea why the door jamb sticker is such a big deal? Sure, it has the VIN on it but it's just a sticker and the VIN is also on the metal tag riveted to the dashboard.
            Last edited by Twistiva; 04-09-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

that sticker lists the tire size and GVRW... both are to be displayed on the vehicle at all times (as per the FEDs) just like the emissions stickers on the hood...if removed, they must be replaced.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                that sticker lists the tire size and GVRW... both are to be displayed on the vehicle at all times (as per the FEDs) just like the emissions stickers on the hood...if removed, they must be replaced.
                FestyBoy -

"GVRW"......Gross Vehicle _______ Weight"? Is that "Road"????

Do you know of any company (other than the possible option of Ford) that makes new ones?

Comment

Were the earlier Festivas that much lighter than the 90s ones? My '92 L you would think would be about as light as it got as it had just about Zero options, but I see XFSE71's '88 was 2505 and mine was 2645? Wonder what mine had that his didn't...
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

You could do one up in an image editor and have a vinyl printed.
                    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                      You could do one up in an image editor and have a vinyl printed.
                      Would you please elaborate?

What kind of image editor? You mean like Photoshop? And then take it to a decal shop/sticker maker, right? Hmmm.....good idea. Wonder what that would cost?.....

Comment

I can do some measurements on my stickers for you.
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Yeah, a sticker. Vinyl ones last a long time and stand up pretty well to rubbing and dirt. Not sure on prices, but I'd bet it's cheaper than what Ford will charge you, IF they'll do it.
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

ask your ford parts manager for a Information/Warning Label order card. it will have a short form for your VIN, etc. you can get a new VECS label and other stickers. not guaranteeing this is still in effect or that they will go back that far but i was able to order all new labels and stickers even though at the time my festiva was like 12 yrs. old.

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                              Were the earlier Festivas that much lighter than the 90s ones? My '92 L you would think would be about as light as it got as it had just about Zero options, but I see XFSE71's '88 was 2505 and mine was 2645? Wonder what mine had that his didn't...
                              Now that you mention it, 140 pounds is a big difference. The '88 LX is pretty well dressed up ... remote power mirrors, 4 speakers and all. I've never weighed it, or even compared weight to the specs book. My '93 sticker looks like yours 2645 ... maybe that's the difference between FBC - MTX and EFI - ATX. I know the ATX is heavier than the MTX just from tossing them up on the bench, but it's not that much different.
                              Last edited by XFSE71; 04-09-2013, 11:41 PM.
                              '88 LX (VIN#30) one of the first Built 12/86
                              '88 L (VIN#55753) Built 12/87
                              '93 GL one of the last Built 5/19/93

Comment

Working...
                              X