Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prafeston
    replied
    Had a weird like T shaped ruler...only one I could find so I was only able to get the CM side to be in the right spot most of the time.

About 10.5cm or 4.1in

About 5.75cm or 2.25in also the VIN sticker under it is about an inch wide

VIN Label also about 10.5cm or 4.1in

Passenger side label is at about 4in as well

And about 2in wide.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    I can do some measurements on my stickers for you.
    Rafe -

That would be much appreciated! Would you mind PM-ing me with the results so I won't miss it?

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    Yeah, a sticker. Vinyl ones last a long time and stand up pretty well to rubbing and dirt. Not sure on prices, but I'd bet it's cheaper than what Ford will charge you, IF they'll do it.
    Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
    ask your ford parts manager for a Information/Warning Label order card. it will have a short form for your VIN, etc. you can get a new VECS label and other stickers. not guaranteeing this is still in effect or that they will go back that far but i was able to order all new labels and stickers even though at the time my festiva was like 12 yrs. old.
    Sketchman / F3BZ -

Thanks, guys. I'll try both options and see what would be the cheapest and still result in a good quality decal.
    Last edited by Twistiva; 04-10-2013, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• XFSE71
    replied
    Were the earlier Festivas that much lighter than the 90s ones? My '92 L you would think would be about as light as it got as it had just about Zero options, but I see XFSE71's '88 was 2505 and mine was 2645? Wonder what mine had that his didn't...
    Now that you mention it, 140 pounds is a big difference. The '88 LX is pretty well dressed up ... remote power mirrors, 4 speakers and all. I've never weighed it, or even compared weight to the specs book. My '93 sticker looks like yours 2645 ... maybe that's the difference between FBC - MTX and EFI - ATX. I know the ATX is heavier than the MTX just from tossing them up on the bench, but it's not that much different.
    Last edited by XFSE71; 04-09-2013, 11:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    ask your ford parts manager for a Information/Warning Label order card. it will have a short form for your VIN, etc. you can get a new VECS label and other stickers. not guaranteeing this is still in effect or that they will go back that far but i was able to order all new labels and stickers even though at the time my festiva was like 12 yrs. old.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Yeah, a sticker. Vinyl ones last a long time and stand up pretty well to rubbing and dirt. Not sure on prices, but I'd bet it's cheaper than what Ford will charge you, IF they'll do it.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I can do some measurements on my stickers for you.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    You could do one up in an image editor and have a vinyl printed.
    Would you please elaborate?

What kind of image editor? You mean like Photoshop? And then take it to a decal shop/sticker maker, right? Hmmm.....good idea. Wonder what that would cost?.....

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    You could do one up in an image editor and have a vinyl printed.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Were the earlier Festivas that much lighter than the 90s ones? My '92 L you would think would be about as light as it got as it had just about Zero options, but I see XFSE71's '88 was 2505 and mine was 2645? Wonder what mine had that his didn't...

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    that sticker lists the tire size and GVRW... both are to be displayed on the vehicle at all times (as per the FEDs) just like the emissions stickers on the hood...if removed, they must be replaced.
    FestyBoy -

"GVRW"......Gross Vehicle _______ Weight"? Is that "Road"????

Do you know of any company (other than the possible option of Ford) that makes new ones?

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    that sticker lists the tire size and GVRW... both are to be displayed on the vehicle at all times (as per the FEDs) just like the emissions stickers on the hood...if removed, they must be replaced.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Originally posted by XFSE71 View Post
    Here is my sticker ... it is an LX
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12119[/ATTACH]
    XFSE71 -

Thanks for posting your pix!

Here are my stickers! From a '92

Driver side

Passenger side
    Prafeston -

Thanks for posting pix, too. I believe the one I had is like yours (the driver's side one).

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    he should not have removed the sticker, it has the VIN on it and the Feds say it has to STAY there.... should have been masked off.... he should know that...
    He took it off because you couldn't read half the text on it and he was under the impression that Ford made new door jamb stickers. Turns out they do but they typically limit that service to vehicles only a year or two old. Not sure why they don't go back earlier than that but the Ford body shop said they need proof of ownership of the car and they'll have to ask the Ford district manager for special permission to make a new VIN sticker. Hopefully I'll be able to get a new one made.

Any idea why the door jamb sticker is such a big deal? Sure, it has the VIN on it but it's just a sticker and the VIN is also on the metal tag riveted to the dashboard.
    Last edited by Twistiva; 04-09-2013, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    he should not have removed the sticker, it has the VIN on it and the Feds say it has to STAY there.... should have been masked off.... he should know that...

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Here are my stickers! From a '92

Driver side

Passenger side

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Wow XFSE71 that's a neat sticker: made by Kia for Ford. None of mine (92 & 93s) look like that, and they also have a bar code VIN sticker directly below that main decal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X