No announcement yet.

How to Unlock a Festiva Using a Coat Hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's an Aspire. I have no idea why the rock is on it, or where it is. I found it online and thought it to be humorous.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

That's why I just never lock my hatch. With the tail finisher on it no-one even knows there is a handle under there.
      Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
      93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
      91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
      93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
      15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
      88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
        That's why I just never lock my hatch. With the tail finisher on it no-one even knows there is a handle under there.
        Most of the time this is the case. I rarely locked mine either until the day that I foolishly left a GPS unit on the seat by mistake and next morning it was gone. Someone had figured out how to get in through the back because there were no signs of B&E.

Comment

Where there is a will there is a way.

Comment

I doubt anybody would quickly get into my Festy's rear hatch even though its unlocked. I am sure I could repair it by realigning the door on hinges, but for now it simply doesnt open unless you know where to hold on and jiggle/pull it in just the right way. Course I never lock the side doors so wasting time trying to get in through hatch would be incredibly stupid. Cant think what they would steal if they got in. I'd give the busted radio to anybody that asked. Any thief would probably already be clued in that somebody driving a nearly 25 year old mini car, probably doesnt have suitcases cash stuffed under the seats.

Comment

They're also probably clued in that a 25 year old car is an easy target because of how quick you can pop the lock. So some of use with audio equipment need to be aware of it. Plus I usually keep a GPS in my glove box. Sure, they aren't going to be making bank if they broke into my car, but it would probably be an easy 250-300 bucks...even more if they decided to take my bag of disc golf discs I usually keep in the car.
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
              X