progress on "the beast".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• progress on "the beast".

just ordered a 10" JL w3, an alpine mono 700 watt max 250 rms MRP-M350 amp, a rockford fosgate comp. CP4PO5 amp kit, alpine CDE-4892 head unit, the mount and harness for the head unit, an 88 grill, a pair of 88 tail lights (found in local bone yard for 10 bucks) i got 5% black tint, im painting it flat gray in 2 or 3 weeks (for this summer, snow white for next summer) and 13" konig rims. not sure on what kind of tires yet. thats it for this summer, but next summer im doing my B8-ME or BP swap ( :idea: , still thinking of what one to do) im doing KYB struts, FMS springs, and prolly going to custom bend a 2.25 or 2.5" exhaust system and paint it a gloss snow white w/ the festiva pinstripe set (the one zinkoff is selling) and im not sure, but i might do boost next summer or maybe the summer after that. going with a t3/t4 turbo (160 on ebay) GReddy BOV, HKS wastegate (universal) and an FMIC intercooler (universal) with universal 2.25" pipes, and maybe an AEM computerized ECU system. all work is done by myself and my friend josh and prolly others. since i only make $8 an hr and only work 25-30 hrs a week, money is tight, my mom and dad have money, but they want me to "realized the meaning of a dollar" or something, so for my birthday and christmas im going to ask for the suspension and i might do the aspire break swap. matt has a good priced set. i dont know though because im buying the konig rims for 300 and that would be wasted money. and to have it pass inception i need to buy $200 dollars worth the new break stuff. and next summer i might do the aspire swap. wow. pain in my ass. so anyway, the paint and the sound system should be done by the end of july beginning of aug. the only problem is, i have only 1.5k in my bank, make just under 170 a week and i dont know if im going to have enough money for all of these parts. thank goodness for birthday and chrismas is all i have to say. ill post pics in about a month with some nice before and after pics. thanks guys. :wink: BTW, cars are money pits. :roll: :twisted: :evil: :x
    Teal 93 GL
    stock as piss
    loud system though

Get some pics of that car, sounds like a great system. I would sure like to see the finished product. I imagine it will be a nice Festy when done, especially when it gets its new white paint.
    I would turbo it, but I would to an engine overhaul too before doing such, just to play it safe. Keep an eye out for mine to bust out here soon, many are awaiting mine and have been for some time now. Been 5 months now!

Im excited for you, but sure would love to see some pics as the progresses.
    Good luck with the install, keep us updated.

Joseph

Comment

thanks a lot joe. im installing the system this weekend. i already have pictures of the car stock in the photo gallery, and yeah, i was going to do an overhaul anyway. to me thats just common sense. lol. but yeah, the snow whit is gonna look great, and im getting the silver pin stripe kit most likely, so together, itll look pretty clean. im very excited about seeing your finished turbo'd b3 too. you are turboing the b3 right? on any case, good luck and ill get some pics of the car up next week. and the system isnt that powerful, i was focusing more on sound quality than power. FYI. lol
      Teal 93 GL
      stock as piss
      loud system though

Comment

FMS sells a set of wheels that has a duel bolt pattern so if you do a brake swap later you could keep the same wheels. I think they are the ones on Rogers car.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Working...
        X