wiper motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiper motor.

how fast are the wipers on an 89' supposed to wipe? would there be a reason that it is horrendously slowwwww. they work, and they are variable. but its slowest, then slow.

Low voltage? Bad grounds in the wiper circuit?
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

i feel like i need to replace every fuse and every thing of that nature that i can.

Comment

Hey, another Texan!

I've wondered about the wiper speed myself. I thought maybe the motor is worn out. Or it was never fast to begin with. But I've been meaning to see if I can find a more powerful motor to use.
        ~Austin
        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

well, after all the alternator and battery problems i had were fixed, the wipers are humming along a lot faster now.

Comment

Hey guys I'm bringing this back to figure out how to wire one up from scratch. My festiva was a 2 speed motor. I am wiring a switch up from scratch since i have a combined festiva/EGT harness. The motor itself has 4 wires to the plug, i no longer have the plug. There is a blk/red, blk/blu, blk/wht, and a blk/ylw. the black and red seems to be hooked to a ground of some type but im not sure. My question is, which ones need grounded and which ones need power? Low or high speed doesnt matter to me i just need the wiper t

Wiper Motor 1.jpgwiper motor 2.jpg

Car #789
            Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
            1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
            1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
            http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

The wiper motors are wired the same for all years. C-45
              Last edited by bravekozak; 08-04-2013, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Check what color wire goes to your washer bottle. That color should be the same one that comes from the wiper fuse to the front wiper motor. On the Festiva, the blue/white is the continuous low speed and the blue/red is the continuous high speed. The blue/black is for the one touch.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 08-04-2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X