FMS engine mounts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS engine mounts..

hey guys, does anyone know if the other FMS mounts (not passenger mount) was actually listed as a part under a different name at all?

would be curious to know if they just borrowed the mounts from a different car and they just fit or if someone knew the dimensions of the front and rear engine mounts.

if anyone could let me know, would be really appreciative.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jawbraeka; 04-14-2013, 03:30 AM.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

you mean the front/rear transaxle mounts? FMS advertised this kit (pieces not sold individually) for the installation of a B6T or B6D into the festiva engine bay. high durometer rubber mounts. all the parts have mazda part#s embossed into the rubber so i STRONGLY SUSPECT that these are the same pieces used to install the DOHC 1.3L into the JDM GT-X/GT-A version festivas. i'm pretty sure those cars used the same 5spd. trans as ours so i'm not sure if the trans mounts would work on a capri transaxle. the mazda part3 on the round mount is D002 39 050 and the square one is D002 30 040. not sure what dimensions you are looking for but i will measure it if you let me know.

Comment

I have the front and rear FMS Trans mounts. Ill probably sell them if someone was interested.
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

F3BZ, can i clarify that with these mounts that it's ONLY for the B6 Engine and not the B6 "Mated" transmission? in other words, the stock transmission?

Also could you please take a side shot of the bracket (the one that connects to the passenger mount) as i want to confirm that what i'm seeing is a taper that runs in the area of the three bolt holes (The end with the two holes looks thicker than the end with one hole.) could you measure that taper for me please? measure the thickest end and the thinnest end as well as in the middle (between the think and thin ends) so i can gather an idea of the angle of taper.

thanks.

Also, does that bracket and passenger mount have a D number printed on them?
        Last edited by jawbraeka; 04-15-2013, 10:50 AM.

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
          I have the front and rear FMS Trans mounts. Ill probably sell them if someone was interested.
          PM'd..

BTW, these are the mounts that are used to fit the transmission that was MATED with the B6 engine and NOT a stock transmission... Correct?
          Last edited by jawbraeka; 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM.

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
            Will these mounts fit a G-Series at all?

Avg Economy:
            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

pics/dimensions later on today. just read jaws post at start of work so after putting in an honest 8 i'll get home where the camera is. but with regards to the trans mounts i DO NOT think they are for anything other than the festiva 5spd. i'm pretty sure this mounting kit was for the installation of the DOHC B3 into the festiva GTX and GTA and those cars did not have upgraded transmissions or brakes. not a 100% sure but pretty damn sure since i have talked to the owner of a GTA and have pics of the underside of a GTA.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                pics/dimensions later on today. just read jaws post at start of work so after putting in an honest 8 i'll get home where the camera is. but with regards to the trans mounts i DO NOT think they are for anything other than the festiva 5spd. i'm pretty sure this mounting kit was for the installation of the DOHC B3 into the festiva GTX and GTA and those cars did not have upgraded transmissions or brakes. not a 100% sure but pretty damn sure since i have talked to the owner of a GTA and have pics of the underside of a GTA.
                being the B6 is the same size block, could you say that there is a certainty that it would be the same combination. Ie, DOHC B6 and Festiva 5 Speed Transmission?

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Working...
                X