Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found Some Wheels at JY! Need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you already have them? Just stick them on and see how they fit...

I don't know what ET49 means. If that means 49mm offset that's a little much...they might hit your struts or something. I think the optimal range would be something like 35-42mm. I don't remember what the stock offset is.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I will be starting the Aspire swap next week, Monday.. I only have 2 days to get it done, 1 day if I'm called in for overtime.. Thats why I'm trying to get everything Figured out so I'm prepared.

Yes 49mm Offset, reading on the threads I see 35-40 is what I'm looking for.. So I'm kinda up there..
      Last edited by CrookedHalos; 04-17-2013, 12:28 PM.
      Daily Driver:
      91 Red Ford Festiva L 5spd Stock

Show Car:
      2004 Black Premium Mustang GT Convertible

Comment

I use 165/65/14

Comment

I know the 14s will fit.. The 49 offset is an issue. I can cut my spring perches, that wont be a problem, i got the tools to do it. But will I be able to cut off enough to clear with 49 offset. I dont know where i can buy spacers, if i need them aswell.. -.-
          Daily Driver:

Show Car:

Comment

Spacers can be found at any place that sells wheels. You can also find them online. That offset is really high. The spacers necessary to get you back to stock will need to be 3/8" thick (-9.525mm), but 1/4" spacers might work(6.35mm).

This chart shows the wheel at 49 offset. Notice how far back the wheel is.

This chart shows the same wheel but with a 1/4" spacer.

Stock OD tires that fit 5.5" rim: HERE

Found you some 10mm spacers. Set of 2 on ebay.
            Last edited by DriverOne; 04-17-2013, 02:30 PM.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Awesome! What application are you using?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
              Daily Driver:

Show Car:

Comment

There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I called the local shops for 165/55.. None of them carry them. I have only 2 days to work on the car and I must have it up and running before work. You think with 1/2" Spacers and a little fender rolling and maybe spring perch cutting I can fit the 185/60 on there? Or Is there another common wheel combo i can go with?

Package is 18 mm (0.7'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Make sure that you have enough room for that. If not, consider lower offset, narrower tires or using spacers.

Package will stick out 22 mm (0.9'') farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset
                  Daily Driver:

Show Car:

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedHalos View Post
                    I called the local shops for 165/55.. None of them carry them.
                    They're an online purchase. A lot of members use 185/60R14. They're much bigger than stock, and do rub a bit when the car is loaded down. They also change your speedo a bit. If you need them asap, throw the 185/60 on there. I hate that you're in such a pinch to get these wheels on.

Comment

Thank you DriverOne! That info helped a lot! Will I need spacers in the front as well?
                      Daily Driver:

Show Car:

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedHalos View Post
                        Thank you DriverOne! That info helped a lot! Will I need spacers in the front as well?
                        In this case, I would, just because the offset is so high. Anyone disagree?

Comment

Finished!! No spacers in the front, stock Festiva Springs and Monroe Sensa Trac struts.. 1/4 spacers in the back

Attached Files
                          Daily Driver:

Show Car:

Comment

They look good!

Do you even need the spacers in the back? Where they not clearing the struts? Seems like they are sticking out just a bit in the back?
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts
                            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Oh yeah with 1/4" spacers in the rear my tire is barely clearing the strut. Ill probably go with 10mm spacers off ebay. But 1/4" was all that was available locally. Front didnt need them, the spokes of the wheels bulge out and left a lot of room for caliper clearance.. My rear isn't sticking out much at all. Very flush though, with 185/60 14 tires. It's sitting a little tall but I'm loving the ride, very comfortable!!

Daily Driver:

Show Car:

Comment

It looks good! I must say, I'm a bit surprised. They look like they could have been a stock option.

Comment

Working...
                                X