Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you had an extra $10k to throw into your festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you had an extra $10k to throw into your festiva?

Oh the dirty things I would do with this...

http://shopping.rollanet.org/categor...7-ci-ford.htmlnthego:nthego:nthego:

So what would you do if you had an extra $10,000 (or the equivalent) to put only into your festiva(s)?

Car #789
    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
    http://www.facebook.com/warally

Bring it to a body shop, get all the rust repaired, body dents fixed, and a full professional respray.
    Get all the parts for an Aspire swap, and buy brand new Monroe struts all around.
    Get a B6T, and have it professionally rebuilt, then dropped in.
    Buy a nice set of 4x100 alloys and 4 brand new top of the lines tires.
    Buy and install a Kenwood DVD dash stereo, and Kenwood speakers throughout the car, and have a underseat sub.
    Buy the entire GTX repro bodykit, and have it painted to match the freshly painted body.
    Have A/C Installed
    Track down, and install a complete powersteering system.
    Upgrade all bushings to Poly bushings

There is many more things I would do, but I may be nearing the $10K budget if I haven't surpassed it yet.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-15-2013, 08:07 PM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

A B3 built for FE by Matt + a turbo.
      Advancedynamix suspension.
      14s with rubber a Rio swap.
      Respray the whole body in and out fixing all the little things along the way.

Most guys want to go crazy in wonderland, but I would want something that I could live with every day and love to drive all the time.
      If it was $20k I'd import a 4 door hatch and do all the above to it.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

awd 6 speed sequential dog box... and then.... o wait, my budget is gone but if I had some money left over, I would get a engine builder to build me a 1000hp ready engine... basically I would build this with a festiva body...

16Vampir Golf MK2 AWD 1,8L 16V Turbo 4 Motion Garrett GTX4202R 900HP running on E85 Fuel. 02M Sequential dog Shifter 4 Speed SQS Dog Kit. Fastest VW Golf in ...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

overbore my bp, forged pistons and rods, bigger turbo, high performance camshafts, then use the change to finish working out the kinks, cause it's gonna cost that much to get it running right....different ratio/dog gears sounds fun but I don't think it's in the budget lol.. a paint job would be really nice...assuming it all has to go into one car. I'd buy 5 festivas and make them super nice stock or b6 for 10k.
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-15-2013, 09:10 PM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

New Fiesta Ecoboost underpinnings...
            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
            2005 Accord - wife's DD
            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Id rebuild my engine, add a turbo, redo brakes and suspension, rust repair/bodywork and a paint job (or just get a new frame and swap everything over) and do the interior exactly as i picture it in my head...
              91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
              Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
              Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

I'd have matt build my engine n/a to be a torque monster and not a high Rpm beast. $3-5k
                Then I would have the body work done to get it straight and have it base cleared in the stock hot red mica color it currently is.
                But with extra layers of clear so it will last longer and be able to be polished if needed. $2-3k
                Then I would have all the interior seats reupholstered in leather to match the exterior color but with black accent colors.
                Also I would have all the interior panels and dash covered in matching leather as well.
                And have the carpet replaced with black carpet. $2-3k
                And if there was any money left over I'd spring for the king springs from Australia in stock height but stiffer along with struts, mounts, and I would get the lightest weight rims I could find in 15x7 form.
                But chances are the engine and leather work would put me close to budget.
                10k really isn't that much.
                You could get a new base model fiesta for arount 13.7k I might just do that instead.
                Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

For me that would be some sort of mental disconnect. I have a Festiva cause I am cheap and dont want to put big bucks into a car.

Much as I like my Festiva, world is moving on, used Festivas showing up are basket cases and single cam Mazda "B" engines with low miles are getting rarer. So I would just find cheapest used small car of whatever make with straight body and rep for durability, and keep it going for a while. Its really weird how much a throw away society we are, I constantly see people selling cars that have only had fraction of their life used up sold cheap. Course doesnt help that newer cars are major PITA to work on. Anybody reliant on hiring expensive work done have good incentive to stay on the "easy monthly payment bandwagon" and under original OEM warranty protection.

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                    Bring it to a body shop, get all the rust repaired, body dents fixed, and a full professional respray.
                    Get all the parts for an Aspire swap, and buy brand new Monroe struts all around.
                    Get a B6T, and have it professionally rebuilt, then dropped in.
                    Buy a nice set of 4x100 alloys and 4 brand new top of the lines tires.
                    Buy and install a Kenwood DVD dash stereo, and Kenwood speakers throughout the car, and have a underseat sub.
                    Buy the entire GTX repro bodykit, and have it painted to match the freshly painted body.
                    Have A/C Installed
                    Track down, and install a complete powersteering system.
                    Upgrade all bushings to Poly bushings

There is many more things I would do, but I may be nearing the $10K budget if I haven't surpassed it yet.
                    Sounds god to me. Yep ,that.
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Two words- Wicked Fast
                      Jerry
                      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                      X