Does anyone know what happened to my car? FestivaGTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what happened to my car? FestivaGTR

A couple of years ago i owned the "shell" of this car, after an acquaintance purchased the whole car then tore it apart for the GTR engine :nono:. I was forced to sell the car back to him, along with everything I had collected to finish it since I was living in an apartment (at the time) and my parents wanted it out of their garage. The plan was to make a 24Hrs of LeMons car so I sold it back to him for super cheap. The same guy then turned around and sold the car and parts for a profit to buy a miata :nightmare:.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/708975/1988-ford-festiva/

I now own my own home with my own garage and would love to have another Festiva. banana time

I just figured that I would ask since a car like the one above might have shown up on here at some point.

BTW I used to have another account on here, but for the life of me I can't remember the login credentials?:cry_smile: So now I'm starting all over...

I remember when you built the car. Sorry about the car and I hope you can find it.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
      I remember when you built the car. Sorry about the car and I hope you can find it.
      Sorry, for clarification I didn't actually do the initial build (wish I had). I owned it after most of the hard word was done lol.

Comment

Were you 88FESTIVAGTR?
        Just a wild guess.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 04-25-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Lol I have legitimately no idea...might have been but that was probably the Oklahoma genius that originally built that car

Comment

I have it
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Did you ever have the title?
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

lol amazing i knew it would show up! but no I never had a title to for it...original owner supposedly found it in a junkyard, never filed for a salvage title. Which is odd, because I think he was a cop? Congrats on the car though...sorry for all the burn marks ...and the busted windsheild

Comment

....eh herm you don't happen to have anything left from that do you? (even just the shell)

Comment

I got the shell and a crapload of parts. Including the GTR harness. I'm gonna build the shell with a boosted BP and built automatic.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Busted windshield is a family tradition. Not sure what burn marks you're referring to. The interior is completely gone.
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Lol alright so long as you didn't scarp it...and yea the interior did find its way to the curb...and are you sure its a gtr harness? I never had that

Comment

If you have any questions about what's what feel free to ask

Edit: not saying you don't know your stuff I'm sure you do...there was just a bunch of crap in that car that I lived with forever
                            Last edited by jdobbs86; 04-26-2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdobbs86 View Post
                              If you have any questions about what's what feel free to ask

Edit: not saying you don't know your stuff I'm sure you do...there was just a bunch of crap in that car that I lived with forever
                              Not much to ask about. The car is BARE except for what appears to be an aspire swap with a boxed in rear beam I'll be replacing. It has stock struts with a cheap coilover setup. The springs are way too high rated, like 300-400 lb springs.

Pretty sure its a GTR harness, had JDM HVAC controls, no AC, but had an ABS controller that I looked up and found references to the GTR. I don't think the GTX had ABS.
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Working...
                              X