Fuel Sending Unit Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Sending Unit Question

Hello all this is my first post. I have a 91 Festiva and I'm having a little bit of trouble finding a fuel sending unit for the tank. I understand it's a very common problem for them to fail and they can be very hard to find. My question is would the sending unit out of an Aspire work? are they interchangeable because I notice that the early Aspires have a 10 gallon tank too and the unit looks the same in the pictures I've seen, anybody have any ideas on this?

Your first step is to take it out of the tank, take the little plastic bit off and inspect the arm and contacts for physical damage and signs of arcing. If you don't find any hit it with some lectra-motive (maybe even deoxit?) and a soft wire brush and it should wake up. That's what I did 3 years ago and it's been working perfect ever since.
    Also I don't know if you've been in there before, but you can get into your fuel tank through the little access panel under the rear seat. I've seen a guy drop his tank because he didn't know about that one.
    Last edited by Tommychu; 04-28-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

The entire fuel pump assembly costs $184.29

Comment

Working...
      X