No announcement yet.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A FESTY NUT IF.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your wife knows what size socket you need to remove the lower strut bolts LOL...
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

When you've turned your girlfriend/wife into a Festiva nut...that's gotta mean something. My GF followed and tracked down a Festiva just to get a picture!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
        When you've turned your girlfriend/wife into a Festiva nut...that's gotta mean something. My GF followed and tracked down a Festiva just to get a picture!
        My GF has turned into a festy nut also, she sends me pics of random festivas to post. Now, I am on the hunt for another auto for her, but she wants a 4 dr Aspire
        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

If there is an incredibly dramatic fake car wreck and court scene to persuade students not to drink and drive. We're talking full blood and people playing dead, along with a fire truck an aid car, an ambulance and a state trooper, with a real judge and lawyer for the court case.
          All I got out of it was how bummed I would be if I had to be extricated from my festy withe the Jaws of life after watching one of the "wrecked" cars get cut apart with those giant shears.
          Owner of:
          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
          In progress:
          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

When 'Fast Orange' has become the ONLY hand soap in your house.
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
              your are approaching an intersection in your Festiva, the car stopped at the stop sign on the left suddenly pulls out directly in front of you, your wife is in the the passenger seat, and in the instant just before impact you blurt out "OH...my poor little car". I'll never live that one down.
              Ha! Ha! Yeah, you'll have a tough time getting your wife to forget about that one! :-)

But, at least she'll drive with you in your Festiva. Mine won't touch it.

As for me, you know you're a Festiva nut when....

- you drive a 2 hour round-trip to a JY just to do 30 minutes of recon for Festivas

- you spend twice as much $ on wheels than what Kelley Blue Book says your Festy is worth

- you'd seriously consider selling an 'extra' vehicle and decide the one to go is the 2004 VW Beetle with 60,000 miles on it instead of the 1988 Festiva with 187,000 miles

- you own 3 of them

- you think buying 25 year old parts that have seen sitting in a JY for 10 yrs IS a good use of $$$!

- you've got Festiva parts sitting on the floor of your garage. And in the garage closet. And in a storage shed. And on the kitchen table. And the bedroom. (LOL....parts on the table are to be cleaned and taken to the shed and parts in the bedroom are because I'm remodeling my home.)
              Last edited by Twistiva; 05-05-2013, 03:57 PM.
              88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
              88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
              91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
              93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
                Ha! Ha! Yeah, you'll have a tough time getting your wife to forget about that one! :-)

But, at least she'll drive with you in your Festiva. Mine won't touch it.

(LOL....parts on the table are to be cleaned and taken to the shed and parts in the bedroom are because I'm remodeling my home.)
                Yep...you've definitely caught the disease.

Funny thing is about what I said just before the accident... I didn't realize I said it out loud. A couple days after the accident I confessed
                to my wife that I was thinking that, and that's when she told me "you weren't just thinking it you said it out loud".
                She hadn't mentioned it before then but after I told her, we had a big laugh about it and now she jokingly tells everyone about my priorities in life.

And she not only rides with me in the Festiva, she has one of her own (the yellow 1990 LPlus). She actually prefers to drive it around town.

Comment

When random people call me to see if I will buy their festiva. Why yes, yes I will.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

& will you sell it yes you will
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

All but two for now.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Discussing what "engine" or "part" from X car or other vehicle found be "grafted into a festiva?

Ebay search history shows nothing but random Festiva part combination searches.

Ebay is set to German from last search of Festiva parts.

Ebay is set to US from last search of Festiva Parts.

Looking at other more modern cars and how we can "implement" the same feature into a festiva.

Deciphering whether or not a certain brand of oil will be more damaging to your car.

You know your Auto parts store clientele by first name and they always say "It's for the festiva yeah?"

You're always telling your friend's your fuel economy, with a smirk.

You always drive past parking spots thinking "I could fit in there.... easy".

Lapping round the car park and fitting in that spot you passed thinking "I could fit in there.... easy"

showing the next person who passes you, the spot you fit in and explaining to them how "Your car fit into the spot" and how "Easy" it was.
                        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km
                        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Changing opinions on these things from LOL SHITBOX ECONO CAR to Holy crap! It's like a big go kart! I thought for sure this oversized rollerskate was going down that ravine!
                          93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

I was thinking about this today. I've been driving my Mustang all week bc I'm getting work done on my Festy. I told my wife I'm tired of driving the Mustang and want my Festy back, haha

Comment

When 1800cc is a big-block.
                              When you've signed up for German classes... and have no plans on going to Germany.
                              When you have an aneurism every time you hear the word 'Fiesta', regardless of context
                              Last edited by Tommychu; 05-08-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

when you pass a parked festiva and you have to go out of your way to pass it a fue more times check it out
                                or when you pass a festiva after you havent seen a nother one on the roads for a fue months and flip out that you saw a other festiva (i do this every time cuz living in nebraska there are no festivas
                                1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
                                R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

Working...
                                X